Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

This is an extraordinarily naïve statement.

It really isn't... it's an 11 year old lad playing Fifa. It's your job to teach him to be responsible and not give out any personal information online to strangers.
    Now, you know your child better than anyone else. Maybe he isn't responsible enough yet. That's fair enough. My lad is 10 in a couple of days and I know he is ok to play certain games online with no problem. My 13 year old has been playing for 4 years with no problem.
    We can't wrap them in cotton wool forever.... I'm certainly not naive when it comes to online safety for kids... I have 7 of them. I can't afford to be naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, someone might quit early or just keep pausing it on him. Safety first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

In years of playing FIFA I rarely came across players with headsets.

In all cases these were teenagers and they were the ones being abusive:D

Don't let him use the headset is my advice.

It's true, it's only the little high pitch voiced kidiots that are the biggest assholes, but it's very rare anyone has a mic on in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've played thousands of matches online and can probably count on one hand the abuse I've received. It's never been anything really bad either.

There's probably a setting to block messages from users you are not friends with anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I've played thousands of matches online and can probably count on one hand the abuse I've received. It's never been anything really bad either.

There's probably a setting to block messages from users you are not friends with anyway.

I have it on, and no names under players met, no messages etc. This is probably one of most friendly games, in the worst case people quit or pause, that's a spike of aggression level in this game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

It really isn't... it's an 11 year old lad playing Fifa. It's your job to teach him to be responsible and not give out any personal information online to strangers.
    Now, you know your child better than anyone else. Maybe he isn't responsible enough yet. That's fair enough. My lad is 10 in a couple of days and I know he is ok to play certain games online with no problem. My 13 year old has been playing for 4 years with no problem.
    We can't wrap them in cotton wool forever.... I'm certainly not naive when it comes to online safety for kids... I have 7 of them. I can't afford to be naive.

Perhaps the problem is the fact it's not letting him play offline modes such career mode or kick off matches

Last couple of months on PS4 this is unplayable. Online UT or Seasons. Just a choppy stuttering piece of crap. Never used to be like this. Is this a fault of the game or some nasty cheat that has become popular lately. It's unplayable.

Advertisement