Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That's something so simple you think it would've been done in Fifa 04

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

I hope pro clubs gets some badly needed work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Some off camera gameplay here

Could well be the actual demo build, the only teams available are from rest of world and seem to be the usual demo teams

Looks fairly arcadey, ball seems like glue at stages and like a ball of ice other times

Doing your own run ups to penalties will cause a lot of funny misses when it comes out

Yeah it's just a demo at E3.

Penalties look fairly dodgy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Really hope the gameplay gets an overhaul. First time since around 2008 I'm 50/50 on whether to buy next game.

Not a fan of PES either

Unearthly wrote: »
    Really hope the gameplay gets an overhaul. First time since around 2008 I'm 50/50 on whether to buy next game.

Not a fan of PES either

Same as, I'm 100% not buying it digitally this year to get it earlier.

I barely played 16 and have been stuck with it in my account when I could have sold the disc back in October for e50 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

J league added apparently

J league added apparently

Yeah seen that.

Was there any form of the Asian champions league in career mode in '16?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah seen that.

Was there any form of the Asian champions league in career mode in '16?

Nope, PES exclusive.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nope, PES exclusive.

Don't mean the actually licence for it but you know in career mode they have the European Cup for Champions League, have they some form of Asian Champions League in CM?

Now it seems you get to vote for the cover star of Fifa 17. I thought those 4 would all be on the cover

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/750374550286823425

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd say Ham-S Rodriguez will get it.

I hope he gets it

And then moves to PSG or some other club late in the transfer window

Just be funny to see, all these promos with him at Madrid and then him in another jersey in the actual cover

Based on last season, Reus deserves it the most, followed by Martial. The other two have done next to nothing, apart from Hazard's last few games.

I'd say James will get it though, but I don't think putting it to a vote is the best call, didn't work out great last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Based on last season, Reus deserves it the most, followed by Martial. The other two have done next to nothing, apart from Hazard's last few games.

I'd say James will get it though, but I don't think putting it to a vote is the best call, didn't work out great last time.
    Jordan Henderson? Yeah, it becomes the battle of the club fanatics really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Playstation is broke at the moment, hoping it's fixable as I'm dying to play the Journey, looks class. Similar mode on NBA 2K was always good

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Playstation is broke at the moment, hoping it's fixable as I'm dying to play the Journey, looks class. Similar mode on NBA 2K was always good

If it's a linear storyline you might be as well watch it on youtube

Hopefully there's some big choices in it though, that bring you down different routes and that might give it a bit of replayability and make everyone's Alex Hunter unique

Hope you can start a Keane-Vieira type rivalry in it, that'd be great. With Diego Costa or some one like that, have a feeling it's going to be all friendly and shîte though. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ah it will probably be pretty linear given it's the first installment unfortunately :( If you look at the trailer, Alex Hunter is literally Marcus Rashford :P

• Advertisement

Hope you can start a Keane-Vieira type rivalry in it, that'd be great. With Diego Costa or some one like that, have a feeling it's going to be all friendly and shîte though. Hope I'm wrong.

That'd be great, but I wouldn't expect it to go into details like that in the first year of it

I really hope you can play in multiple positions, and you're not just set on being a striker

Would love to be a Kroos type deep lying playmaker, or Makelele type defensive midfielder

I've read a couple of articles about 'The Journey' and they all seem to have to same story line, one was with United and you didn't perform good enough so they signed Harry Kane and you had to go out on loan, the other was the same except you were with Leicester and the same outcome. So I don't think it's going have much choice effected options in the game, probably be like Career mode where the same transfers happen over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Any details out on career mode?

Any details out on career mode?

Nothing as of yet

And there more than likely won't be until Gamescom, I'm not sure what day but some time betwen 18th and 21st of August is when all the main details for career mode, fut, and other game modes come out

Camp Nou won't be in the game this year, PES just got the exclusive license for it.

Second time this has happened to that stadium in the last few years, pain in the hole but I never play as Barca so I don't mind too much.

Also looks like it's a three year deal so it won't be in the next two FIFAs either.

Only real things missing from Fifa is Camp Nou, the full Brazilian league, Chinese League, and the Champions League/Europa League licenses

While PES has to deal with London Red/Blue, I think Fifa is still the big winner with licenses

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

PES is now much more far away from fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Will people still play this online on the PS3 or has everyone moved to the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Only real things missing from Fifa is Camp Nou, the full Brazilian league, Chinese League, and the Champions League/Europa League licenses

While PES has to deal with London Red/Blue, I think Fifa is still the big winner with licenses
    I don't think FIFA will ever have to worry about having much competition in licenses, not with the money that Electronic Arts have behind them.

That said though, they should really afford some modification capability to console players, as well as edit/option file sharing like PES has. This year in PES people are able to share edit files directly between one another, this will cut down all the hard work from last year's iteration.
    So theoretically, PES could have any amount more 'real' kits and players than FIFA, not that those things matter. EA need to get their finger out in that regard, but I can't imagine that FIFA (as in the organisation) would allow that to happen.
    jelone wrote: »
    PES is now much more far away from fifa.
    Well I wouldn't say that, FIFA is bringing in Frostbite this year so hopefully that will improve things from their perspective, because FIFA over the last 2 years were becoming more and more drab while PES overtook them. They'll be competing with PES' 3rd year with the FOX engine, so it'll be tough, but I'm looking forward to seeing what changes EA bring to the table.

• Advertisement

First proper FUT news will be coming next Tuesday 16th

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/34395-first-fut-17-details-coming-next-week

Advertisement