Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also here's some supposed screenshots of career mode in 17, but I'd take them with a pinch of salt until confirmed by EA

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/4x9wwr/fifa_17_career_mode_leaked_images/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Also here's some supposed screenshots of career mode in 17, but I'd take them with a pinch of salt until confirmed by EA

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/4x9wwr/fifa_17_career_mode_leaked_images/

Awh man, I hope these are legit!

Well thank feck for that. It looks like it'll give clubs some proper individuality, whereas now all teams sort of end up the same after a couple of years.

Really wish I got an email for the beta now, did anyone here get an invite for it?

According to futhead's one season preview it's looking really promising for career mode. Growing your club in Asia by having to play a pre season tournament or buy a player from the region, little additions like that will really add to things.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/34381-fifa-17-career-mode-preview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Every single year we hear how career mode is awesome this year and every single year people are left disappointed.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Every single year we hear how career mode is awesome this year and every single year people are left disappointed.

The new features look awesome

It's the not fixing of old problems that really get annoying

Teams not picking their best players, buying too many keepers (for me once Bayern had Courtois and De Gea as well as Neuer), not having a keeper at all, teams buying the same players over and over (Alaba to Juventus seems to happen in every career mode ever) and other problems I can't think of now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Will people still play this online on the PS3 or has everyone moved to the PS4?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Most have moved to PS4/XBone

Most new features aren't going to be on PS3 version, such as the journey and the career mode changes, Fifa 17 on PS3 will just be an update of squads basically, the new frostbite engine won't be on it

If you can afford to upgrade it's time if you want to play the proper Fifa 17

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That story mode is a complete marketing gimmick. Guaranteed it will be a flop.

• Advertisement

If there's no customization whatsoever and you have to go down a set path, ie every "journey" is the same, then it will rightly be a flop

It's basically Be-a-Pro mode with cut scenes and without the customisation. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If there's no customization whatsoever and you have to go down a set path, ie every "journey" is the same, then it will rightly be a flop
    People seemed to really like NBA 2K16's MyCareer mode, even though the whole story was bloody daft and the how the character customisation fell in line with the story was somewhat disastrous. Like I went in as a pale white ginger dude and I had a full Afro-American accent and mannerisms, and my entire family were also black...

I think if EA play it smarter in terms of the story it could be a success. The lack of customisation I think eliminates the issues that NBA 2K16's story has, and at the end of the day whether it's your journey or not doesn't make all that much of a difference to the player's experience.

That said though, I think the story will just be few cutscenes tacked onto the Be A Pro mode, and it will be a relatively shortlived experience. If a player expects this to be a game changing experience then they are setting themselves up for a fall. As much as EA are selling it as such, it shouldn't be a feature that will sell the game to its customers, unless I am totally underestimating its scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If there's one things I've learned from when they added MyCareer to the wwe games. The 1st version will be bare bones and we'll be told that this was just the beginning and it will be improved in the future. Expect very little because it's probably what you'll get, especially when they can't make money from it after the sale of the actual game.

Changes coming to Pro Clubs. I hope they bring that Kit Creation into Manager Mode as well.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/pro-clubs-new-features

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Changes coming to Pro Clubs. I hope they bring that Kit Creation into Manager Mode as well.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/pro-clubs-new-features

will be nice to see...I'm really sick of UT as it's blatantly scripted while the same team on seasons is miles better.
    This is the first time i've played Seasons as I've played FUT since 2009 and its just getting worse and worse. I'm going to be more focused on Seasons and Career this year. Now to see if I can cancel my digital copy of the ultiamte version and get the vanilla version.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gave up on FUT, too much dicking about with cards and not enough playing football. And then the dickheads who bought the gold just ruined it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

callaway92 wrote: »

It will be like the 1st game with be a pro that was 4 seasons long. You went from playing out right for what ever team you choose if you were a midfielder or striker.

To then getting to play each game before playing out right for what ever country you are from.

Then being made captain for club and country before finishing at the World Cup

All the big FUT new details were announced today

Some of them are looking like good additions, nothing groundbreaking but good additions nonetheless

FUT Champions
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/compete/fut-champions

Squad Building Challenges. Really liking this, discarding players will now no longer be a thing. Every 75 rated 33 paced striker can be worth something someday thanks to this, since it seems you do lose the players you trade.
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/features/squad-building-challenges

And a few other things, too many to go linking all of them, have a look at EA Sports Fifa's twitter and youtube page to see everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It will be like the 1st game with be a pro that was 4 seasons long. You went from playing out right for what ever team you choose if you were a midfielder or striker.

To then getting to play each game before playing out right for what ever country you are from.

Then being made captain for club and country before finishing at the World Cup

Exactly. It has been done a million times at this stage - However, there does seem to be a buss for it so I would expect pre-release sales to be high. Post-release I'd expect some backlash over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm really liking the look of both FUT Champions and the Squad Building challenges. It brings something fresh.

I loved the concept of the catalog in the first version of FUT. It made every player somewhat relevant. Squad building challenges is a step in the right direction.

For the weekend tournament on FUT Champions, they were talking about getting 40 wins. Is that 40 wins over the weekend (Friday -> Sunday, I think)? That's a lot of FIFA.

Draft mode last year was a decent addition, but every team's custom tactics defaults to high pressure and aggression. It makes the matches far too fast and chaotic to be enjoyable. Hopefully FUT Champions and squad building turns out to be more enjoyable.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm really liking the look of both FUT Champions and the Squad Building challenges. It brings something fresh.

I loved the concept of the catalog in the first version of FUT. It made every player somewhat relevant. Squad building challenges is a step in the right direction.

For the weekend tournament on FUT Champions, they were talking about getting 40 wins. Is that 40 wins over the weekend (Friday -> Sunday, I think)? That's a lot of FIFA.

Draft mode last year was a decent addition, but every team's custom tactics defaults to high pressure and aggression. It makes the matches far too fast and chaotic to be enjoyable. Hopefully FUT Champions and squad building turns out to be more enjoyable.

From what I can tell you need 40 wins to be at the absolute top, between those times at the weekend whatever they will be

You'll only be playing other good players who've qualified through winning a tournament during the week

There's varying stages of prizes for FUT Champions, few will have the time for 40 games, even fewer can win 40 games, but every few games you win gets you a better prize

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If the idea of challanges is to stop discarding useless cards and basically trade them in (in sets) for better rewards, count me in! That sounds awesome.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If the idea of challanges is to stop discarding useless cards and basically trade them in (in sets) for better rewards, count me in! That sounds awesome.

It's one way of getting around the fact they legally can't have a collection book of some sort

Hopefully the rewards make it worth it too

Doesn't even need to be 11 players, you just need to fulfill certain criteria

No more discarding non rare players for 300 coins in every pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got an email with a closed beta code there, pity I'm at work

Liamalone wrote: »
    Got an email with a closed beta code there, pity I'm at work

I'll take it if it's career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'll take it if it's career mode?

H2H Seasons it's for. The code is linked to my gamertag anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can see it being a clone of NBA which while a good idea, was ruined by lack of choices and Spike Lee being super racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Nailz wrote: »
    People seemed to really like NBA 2K16's MyCareer mode, even though the whole story was bloody daft and the how the character customisation fell in line with the story was somewhat disastrous. Like I went in as a pale white ginger dude and I had a full Afro-American accent and mannerisms, and my entire family were also black...

I think if EA play it smarter in terms of the story it could be a success. The lack of customisation I think eliminates the issues that NBA 2K16's story has, and at the end of the day whether it's your journey or not doesn't make all that much of a difference to the player's experience.

That said though, I think the story will just be few cutscenes tacked onto the Be A Pro mode, and it will be a relatively shortlived experience. If a player expects this to be a game changing experience then they are setting themselves up for a fall. As much as EA are selling it as such, it shouldn't be a feature that will sell the game to its customers, unless I am totally underestimating its scope.
    Who liked the story, it was panned everywhere as pretty much Spike Lee pointing out how hard it is to be black all while putting a cliche ridden story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Preordered this morning from thegamecollection.net - Cant wait now, roll on 29th September.

Advertisement