Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Preordered this morning from thegamecollection.net - Cant wait now, roll on 29th September.

Almost always the best place to order from I find

5 free tokens with the standard edition will come in handy in the first few weeks

Don't see any point spending extra on a deluxe or super deluxe edition, all them packs are spread out over months and lose coin value over time, you'd be far better off spending those extra euros on fifa points in the first couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

it doesn't mention anything about draft tokens in the deluxe edition, im assuming they wont be there then, if so its a no brainer with the tokens having a value of 15k each. you would have thought that the deluxe version would have everything the standard does and then some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Almost always the best place to order from I find

5 free tokens with the standard edition will come in handy in the first few weeks

Don't see any point spending extra on a deluxe or super deluxe edition, all them packs are spread out over months and lose coin value over time, you'd be far better off spending those extra euros on fifa points in the first couple of weeks

Have you pre ordered from there before? Do you get a code for the pre order bonus in the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Player ratings leaked for every PL club:

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/7489/FIFA-17-player-ratings-leaked-Premier-League-stats-sportgalleries

As we all know they're updated every week so it barely matters at this stage but there's still a few head scratchers in there. Fabregas 87, Yaya 86, Schweinsteiger 86, Kante only 81, Bellerin only 77, Van Dijk only 77, Alli only 77 all stand out to me as shocking ratings.

De Gea at 91 is also way too high even for as good as he is but hat might be a case of top players getting much higher ratings this year. Neuer would want to be 93/94 for it to make sense though.

Have you pre ordered from there before? Do you get a code for the pre order bonus in the package?

I left it too late last year so didn't get any pre order bonus for 16, but have gotten pre order bonuses with them before with other games

But since it's mentioned in their description not just EA's standard edition description I assume if you order in the next few weeks you'll get it

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Player ratings leaked for every PL club:

None of those ratings are final, some of them may end up being correct but they're definitely not final yet so don't give them much heed

Going on other years EA will do a countdown of the top 50 players starting roughly one week before the game is due to be released on early EA access, and full ratings will come out a few days before that early access

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

None of those ratings are final, some of them may end up being correct but they're definitely not final yet so don't give them much heed

Going on other years EA will do a countdown of the top 50 players starting roughly one week before the game is due to be released on early EA access, and full ratings will come out a few days before that early access

Yeah as I said in the post, the ratings are ever changing so nobody should read them as if they're locked in. Either way, it's an indication of what they'll resemble come release date, the demo or early ratings are never actually too far off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Much rather the 5 draft coins tbh for a pre-order bonus. Probably worth more if you can get past the first round. As said above, think I'll get that standard edition and just pump some cash into UT in the opening weeks. I've lost a bit of interest in trading over the last few months, and in UT in general, and United getting good will see my interest in seasons go back up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Preordered this morning from thegamecollection.net - Cant wait now, roll on 29th September.

Guaranteed to arrive in Ireland on the 29th? Any chance of arriving beforehand?

I'd like the pre-order bonus, but FIFA is one of the few games I really insist on having on release day. I think I may just pre-order in Smyths. They seem to have the pre-order bonuses and are doing a midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ive never ordered a digital version of a game before if I do so can I have it downloaded prior to release date and it will be ready to go as soon as I wake up on that date

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote:
    I'd like the pre-order bonus, but FIFA is one of the few games I really insist on having on release day. I think I may just pre-order in Smyths. They seem to have the pre-order bonuses and are doing a midnight launch.

v3ttel wrote:
    Guaranteed to arrive in Ireland on the 29th? Any chance of arriving beforehand?

From what I have been told it is very likely I will have it before launch if you ship to Belfast address using PM. First time trying this so will keep ye posted. Will be gutted if not here on launch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seamie78 wrote: »
    ive never ordered a digital version of a game before if I do so can I have it downloaded prior to release date and it will be ready to go as soon as I wake up on that date

Afaik, yes. There might be a Day One patch, but most games (at least on Xbox) will pre-load a few days before hand when you pre-order digitally. I think with Fifa, they usually give some early access to people with EA Access, so I'd imagine it would start downloading days before release.

No problem with De Gea 91 rated.

Casillas was 89 - 91 for a few years if I remember correctly.

Any word on any new legend cards for UT this year?

10 new legends

OverMars
    Scholes
    Carragher
    Del Piero
    Puyol
    Veron
    Petit
    Ferdinand
    Luis Hernandez
    Solskjaer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

seamie78 wrote: »

If you're on PS4 I think my '16 started downloading 3 days prior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

:mad: Shut up, some of us dont need to hear this :(

10 new legends

OverMars
    Scholes
    Carragher
    Del Piero
    Puyol
    Veron
    Petit
    Ferdinand
    Luis Hernandez
    Solskjaer
    :(:(

Charizard wrote: »
    :mad: Shut up, some of us dont need to hear this :(

PS4 by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just out of curiosity for the xbone guys. How hard is it to get a legend? How often do you see them in opponents teams? Who is the best legend you've packed?

• Advertisement

PS4 by any chance? :D
    Reported for bullying :(:pac:

Ah to be honest I've had 1 legend card in 3 years. You need Messi/Ronaldo money for most of them.

If your good at making coins (which I'm not :P ) they're great.

I just want that Roy Keane card :( Never got near having enough for it in 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah to be honest I've had 1 legend card in 3 years. You need Messi/Ronaldo money for most of them.

If your good at making coins (which I'm not :P ) they're great.

I just want that Roy Keane card :( Never got near having enough for it in 16.

Do you meet many of them when playing others? I knew they wouldn't be available that handy alright.

Do you meet many of them when playing others? I knew they wouldn't be available that handy alright.

You come up against them often enough especially in 16 because the legends now link with any player for good chemistry. Before that they had to link up with players from their own country or other legends to get good chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So what is the story with EA Access this will be my 1st fifa on Xbox one like I've subscribed to access do i now have to buy fifa 17 off microsoft to get the early access or what way does it work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

So what is the story with EA Access this will be my 1st fifa on Xbox one like I've subscribed to access do i now have to buy fifa 17 off microsoft to get the early access or what way does it work ?

No once you have ea access u can download the game and have a 10 hour free trial during the early access and buy it on disc when it is released if u want to wait for that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Most of the legends are pretty expensive but you can buy the "weak" ones for 200-400k no worries.

I've only ever packed one. I got Van der Sar on day 1 of Fifa15 in one of my free loyalty packs and had him for the entire year. I bought Sol campell and Gary Neville to link up with him as they were both legends too and werent outrageous money. And that was before the chem buff.

Legends used to be hard to use because they only linked with nationalties or with other legends.....but now they give max chem to everything to encourage people to use them.

I've always thought not having legends on PS4 was a good thing (because I'm never likely to have them, but likely to come up against them), but this was the first year I learned how to make a profit on the transfer market. It's the first year that I've had the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, etc.

Now I'd kill for legends on PS4, especially Keane, Solskjaer, Giggs, etc. So often I'm 1 or 2 players away from having a great hybrid squad which a legend would stitch together nicely.

From what I have been told it is very likely I will have it before launch if you ship to Belfast address using PM. First time trying this so will keep ye posted. Will be gutted if not here on launch.

Hopefully it arrives early....or if not, at least you get it on launch day.

I ended up ordering from Smyths. The midnight launch swung it for me.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote:
    Hopefully it arrives early....or if not, at least you get it on launch day.

v3ttel wrote:
    I ended up ordering from Smyths. The midnight launch swung it for me.

Ah yeah hopefully it will. Due to work I won't be able to get stuck in until Friday the 30th anyway; just booked the day off. Will surely have it by then.

Advertisement