Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've always thought not having legends on PS4 was a good thing (because I'm never likely to have them, but likely to come up against them), but this was the first year I learned how to make a profit on the transfer market. It's the first year that I've had the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, etc.

Now I'd kill for legends on PS4, especially Keane, Solskjaer, Giggs, etc. So often I'm 1 or 2 players away from having a great hybrid squad which a legend would stitch together nicely.
    What truly is the best way to make coins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

14murphy wrote: »
    What truly is the best way to make coins ?

I have no idea what the best way is, but the only way I've been able to work for me is the slowly slowly catchy monkey method of making micro profits.

If you can sell an average of 50 cards per day, making 200 coins profit (after tax) on each one, that's 10K per day. That's roughly 300K per month. In reality, I'm being very conservative with the numbers, you can make a lot more than that. On Jan 1st, I had 270K. On Feb 6th, I had 1.3million (some of which came from playing games, tournament prize rewards and seasons rewards), and I bought Ronaldo for 980K, with plenty of change left over.

There's a couple of other obvious tips to maximise the value of your coins.

1. Players are ridiculously expensive when the game comes out first. eg: Tevez was around ~80K in October, by November he was 24K, by January he was 10K. What I'm planning on doing this year is to trade & build coins like a mo'fo using a team from a smaller league (Turkey, Russia, Portugal) from release date until Black Friday.

If I pay 5K for Quaresma in October, it's overpaying a bit, but it's better than paying 35K for Depay. Multiply that out by an entire 11, and your wasting a lot of coins just because players are in a popular league.

When the market crashes then, my (hopefully) mountain of coins should be worth a lot more in relative terms. Then I'll build a team I want to try to go for the D1 title with.

2. If you pack any good players in Oct/November, sell ASAP when they are worth the most. As above, hoard the coins until the price of everything drops!

3. If you are planning on buying packs at any point, it's better to do that when the game comes out first. eg: If Alba in October this year, he was worth ~22K. If you pack Alba at TOTS, he's worth ~4K. There are lots of players you would be happy enough to pack on October, and who are virtually worthless later on. There are more valuable players earlier, than there are later in the year when you have TOTS/TOTY. You could be lucky and hit the jackpot, but that's very unlikely.

At least that's the plan, but in all likelihood, I want be able to find any ways to make small profits and I'll end up with some 60 paced sh*tehawk as my star striker like every other year before FIFA16.... basically my strategy is to get through the lower divisions with a decent team from a relatively unpopular league, and then when the price of everything reduces a lot, build a really good team and make an assault on the higher divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

On amazon it says that the pre order bonus is only for UK PSN and xbox live accounts, is there something I am missing or do we not get them if we order form Amazon?

Your code will be e-mailed to you within 48 hours of dispatch. Please note that the Offer is only valid for Xbox Live and Playstation Network accounts registered in the UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_lmcp8gDCNaC1hErNg2lZWA_1?ie=UTF8&node=10598690031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=qpe-title-tag&pf_rd_r=SP1F68EQX3T9YR3PTQEX&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=da7b0f9b-ddd2-4336-ae2d-d3d9f5d3a855&pf_rd_i=B01F5D1MHG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

First batch of ratings for FUT are out

Top 50-31 players here, lots of mad upgrades like Payet and Oblak, and a serious downgrade for Robben, in general though it seems everyone is up by a couple

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-17-player-ratings-top-50?utm_campaign=fifa17_hd_ww_ic_ic_yt_ratings-campaign-yt-ann-hub-29-08-16&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=15508&ts=1472490311391

And a video here of a few more, Rashford and Martial looks beastly. Dybala at 85 looks ridiculously good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_K45T3qCc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Game Collection doing a 10% off FIFA 17 code. Works out about €44

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Game Collection doing a 10% off FIFA 17 code. Works out about €44

Well thank god I never got round to actually ordering it yet

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I ordered from Smyths for £36.99 to Parcel Motel, free Northern Ireland delivery then obviously €3.95 for parcel motel. Code expires tomorrow.
    £5 Off when you Pre-Order FIFA 17! Enter Code: FIFA5 in basket to get deal. Voucher Valid Until September 2nd or while stocks last. MIDNIGHT LAUNCH IN ALL STORES.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-692/coming-soon-playstation-4/p-18494/fifa-17-ps4/

Does anyone know if the cards you get in the free 40 jumbo premium packs that you get with the super deluxe version of the game tradable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Does anyone know if the cards you get in the free 40 jumbo premium packs that you get with the super deluxe version of the game tradable?

They're tradable

Ronaldo the top rated player in FIFA 17 with a rating of 94.

Messi 93 and Neymar 92. I would have had Suarez with a higher rating than Neymar to be honest and thought he would Be in the top 3 along with Ronaldo and Messi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Ronaldo the top rated player in FIFA 17 with a rating of 94.

Messi 93 and Neymar 92. I would have had Suarez with a higher rating than Neymar to be honest and thought he would Be in the top 3 along with Ronaldo and Messi.
    Happy with Ronaldo as number 1, he is on his way to winning his 3rd Balon D'or in 4 seasons

Putting them equal would have been just about okay, but Ronaldo higher than Messi is just wrong even if Ronaldo has always been better in game in Fifa but thats just down to how the game works

Also that ginger beard and blonde hair combo on that Messi card alone should drive his price well down, the 89 pace too will mean Neymar could be higher priced than him especially when Neymar has 5 star skills

Putting them equal would have been just about okay, but Ronaldo higher than Messi is just wrong even if Ronaldo has always been better in game in Fifa but thats just down to how the game works

Also that ginger beard and blonde hair combo on that Messi card alone should drive his price well down, the 89 pace too will mean Neymar could be higher priced than him especially when Neymar has 5 star skills
    Why would it have just about ok, Ronaldo has been the better player recently :confused: Surely he deserves his place on the top

Charizard wrote: »
    Why would it have just about ok, Ronaldo has been the better player recently :confused: Surely he deserves his place on the top

He might have had a better season than Messi, but down the years Messi has overall been better

I wouldn't be surprised if they've done it because of Barca's exclusive deal with PES and Messi no longer being on the cover of Fifa

If Messi has always been higher rated than Ronaldo, last season wasn't enough to have an upgrade for Ronaldo and a downgrade for Messi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

He might have had a better season than Messi, but down the years Messi has overall been better

I wouldn't be surprised if they've done it because of Barca's exclusive deal with PES and Messi no longer being on the cover of Fifa

If Messi has always been higher rated than Ronaldo, last season wasn't enough to have an upgrade for Ronaldo and a downgrade for Messi

Ronaldo wasn't even better than Messi last season. He won more prestigious honours and that was it.

In fact, it was Ronaldo's worst season performance wise in years imo (although he was obviously still brilliant)

He certainly isn't deserving of an upgrade.

Blatter wrote: »
    Ronaldo wasn't even better than Messi last season. He won more prestigious honours and that was it.

In fact, it was Ronaldo's worst season performance wise in years imo (although he was obviously still brilliant)

He certainly isn't deserving of an upgrade.

I really do think it's because of this new deal Barca have with PES

Pique has been a top defender the last few years and isn't in the top 50 at all

The worst thing about Messi's downgrade is that damn near every other high rated card has been upgraded by at least 1

By down the years, you mean 11/12/13 cause since then Ronaldo has won 2 to Mess one and Ronaldo is likely to win again this year so 3/1
    Ronaldo more than justified being the top rated player. Messi really hasnt been much better than Ronaldo ever

I really do think it's because of this new deal Barca have with PES

Pique has been a top defender the last few years and isn't in the top 50 at all

The worst thing about Messi's downgrade is that damn near every other high rated card has been upgraded by at least 1
    Pique has been shocking for two years. He deserves to have had his ratings drop. You say its because Barca and PES. How then are three of the top four players from Barca

By down the years, you mean 11/12/13 cause since then Ronaldo has won 2 to Mess one and Ronaldo is likely to win again this year so 3/1
    Ronaldo more than justified being the top rated player. Messi really hasnt been much better than Ronaldo ever
    Pique has been shocking for two years. He deserves to have had his ratings drop. You say its because Barca and PES. How then are three of the top four players from Barca

I wouldn't say it's a robbery, but imo Messi is the better player and should be the highest rated in the game, when was the last time Ronaldo and his team showed enough consistency to win the league? Pique has been an integral part of the Barca team winning 3 of the last 4 La Liga titles, he hasn't been given the respect he deserves.

It's near undeniable that Barca's front 3 are in the top 4 players in the world, in whatever order you prefer, for fifa to rate them any other way would be ludicrous. It's not ludicrous for Ronaldo to be ahead of Messi, but I still think it's wrong.

I wouldn't say it's a robbery, but imo Messi is the better player and should be the highest rated in the game, when was the last time Ronaldo and his team showed enough consistency to win the league? Pique has been an integral part of the Barca team winning 3 of the last 4 La Liga titles, he hasn't been given the respect he deserves.

It's near undeniable that Barca's front 3 are in the top 4 players in the world, in whatever order you prefer, for fifa to rate them any other way would be ludicrous. It's not ludicrous for Ronaldo to be ahead of Messi, but I still think it's wrong.
    I dunno for me Bale could be ahead of Neymar. Pique was dropped last season due to poor form. Only reason he started was well look at there back up. You can hardly put the blame on Ronaldo for Real not beating Barca, in the same way you cant say it was all Messi.
    Thats just it, its your opinion same as thinking its ludicrous for a player to be rated higher than the Barca front three excluding Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ronaldo is on the wane physically. This past season has proved that. He plays injured a lot and rarely sprints full tilt anymore during games.

For him to actually be upgraded is fairly ridiculous and he wont hit the same heights this season or any subsequent season due to this fact. He will of course still outperform nearly everyone else but to increase his rating even though he is declining is just.....silly.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ronaldo is on the wane physically. This past season has proved that. He plays injured a lot and rarely sprints full tilt anymore during games.

For him to actually be upgraded is fairly ridiculous and he wont hit the same heights this season or any subsequent season due to this fact. He will of course still outperform nearly everyone else but to increase his rating even though he is declining is just.....silly.
    Ronaldo has adapted to a st, to say he has lost anything physically really isnt reality, People have been saying that he wont do it this season for ages but he continues to dominate.

Just worked something out for Xbox one users.

On the FIFA Twitter page it says you can get 10% off the super deluxe edition if you buy the game through FIFA 16 (proof you have FIFA 16)

As an ea access member you get 10% off ea games anyway so didn't think these offers would go together but they do.

So if you buy the game through FIFA 16 and you're an ea access member you can get the super deluxe edition for 79.99 (usually 99.99). This edition comes with
    40 jumbo premium gold packs (2 a week) so might be of use to some UT players.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

On the FIFA Twitter page it says you can get 10% off the super deluxe edition if you buy the game through FIFA 16 (proof you have FIFA 16)

As an ea access member you get 10% off ea games anyway so didn't think these offers would go together but they do.

So if you buy the game through FIFA 16 and you're an ea access member you can get the super deluxe edition for 79.99 (usually 99.99). This edition comes with

Also get a free totw loan player every week with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where would be best to order online to guarantee to have this on launch day? I would be gutted if it wasn't delivered on the day and have to wait the whole weekend till Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

mutley18 wrote: »
    Where would be best to order online to guarantee to have this on launch day? I would be gutted if it wasn't delivered on the day and have to wait the whole weekend till Monday!

People are saying using the game collection and parcel motel seems to be a fairly decent way with a good chance you'll get it a day before release day.

I'll be using that method to get pro evo so I'll be able to say if it works in a week or so.

You can get the regular game for ~€50 delivered. Instead of spending an extra €30 on packs over a period of months, you could spend that €30 on fifa points in the first few weeks while packs are worth the most. In my opinion you'd get better value buying the regular edition. The loan player you get every week could end up being crap, there's usually only every a couple of players worth using in any totw so your odds of getting the ones you'd want aren't great.

Plus the regular edition comes with 5 draft tokens over the first 5 weeks, if you're a decent player these can be worth a heck of a lot.

You can get the regular game for ~€50 delivered. Instead of spending an extra €30 on packs over a period of months, you could spend that €30 on fifa points in the first few weeks while packs are worth the most. In my opinion you'd get better value buying the regular edition. The loan player you get every week could end up being crap, there's usually only every a couple of players worth using in any totw so your odds of getting the ones you'd want aren't great.

Plus the regular edition comes with 5 draft tokens over the first 5 weeks, if you're a decent player these can be worth a heck of a lot.

I'll be definitely going down the digital route so not sure if I should get the regular edition for E63 or the super deluxe for E80. I'll make a decision closer to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Does anyone know if the Fifa 17 jersey available for preorder in Gamestop is the dark green one or the blue one in the media pictures on the website. Was gonna buy the bundle of the game and the jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

max life wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Fifa 17 jersey available for preorder in Gamestop is the dark green one or the blue one in the media pictures on the website. Was gonna buy the bundle of the game and the jersey

It's on a poster as the home Jersey and a pic of the blue one do I'd say it's that

Advertisement