Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in Ireland to get it early?
    ShopTo delivered PES early this week, if you want to chance your arm with them? I doubt you would get it much earlier than 1 or 2 days before release day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So using the game collection and parcel motel has not got me pes 2017 on release day. For those of you who were thinking about using this method for fifa, I'd have to say don't if you definitely want it on release day.

Despite the game collection apparently sending it Tuesday parcel motel don't even seem to have it yet, nevermind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So using the game collection and parcel motel has not got me pes 2017 on release day. For those of you who were thinking about using this method for fifa, I'd have to say don't if you definitely want it on release day.

Despite the game collection apparently sending it Tuesday parcel motel don't even seem to have it yet, nevermind me.

It's iffy if you're not in a big city

Some games have come on time and some have come early, and i'm in the sticks

Fault is more with PM rather than thegamecollection since they did send it tuesday

It's iffy if you're not in a big city

Some games have come on time and some have come early, and i'm in the sticks

Fault is more with PM rather than thegamecollection since they did send it tuesday

I'm in galway and Parcel motel are usually fairly decent from experience and will probably get it from the north to galway in about 12 hours/next day.

But that doesn't make much of a difference because the game hasn't even made its way to the north yet despite being dispatched on Tuesday around mid day. The game didn't even make it to the north for release day.

I'm just saying for anyone who wants fifa on release day that maybe this isn't the best way to go about it. I know I won't be using it anyway if I look to get fifa at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just ordered with this method last night, balls! It's out on a Thursday surely have it the Friday at the latest? I would take that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I also did get mine today from parcel motel

mutley18 wrote: »
    Just ordered with this method last night, balls! It's out on a Thursday surely have it the Friday at the latest? I would take that.

Is the UK release date a Tuesday? Isn't that usually the US one?

Look some people have had success using this way so you might still be OK. I can only speak for my own experience, but I'd be very lucky to get the game off them tomorrow most likely it'll be Saturday at the earliest now.

As a poster said above though it's hit and miss I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I pre ordered mine on Amazon and it says that it will be delivered on the 3rd? I thought that you get games in the day they are released ? Or do i have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Nailz wrote: »
    ShopTo delivered PES early this week, if you want to chance your arm with them? I doubt you would get it much earlier than 1 or 2 days before release day though.

Any specific shipping method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have it preordered from thegamecollection with Parcel Motel. Hope I get it here in Cork on launch day. Have the Friday booked off so fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I last played FIFA with the '15 version on the PS3 and loved it.

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 with FIFA 17 - recommended or not ?

I usually just play the seasons (offline) etc ... but wouldn't mind getting into net play with other human users ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

sugarman wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo there this mornings, seems OK

Gameplay is bit slow & not a fan of the new corner system.

Otherwise it seems decent.

It looks like theyve finally sorted out offside & advantages which is a huge plus if they did. Have only layed 3/4 games and have yet to encounter it anyway.

New story mode looks very interesting, even if it is repetitive its a nice added feature that i'll certainly give a go.

Cant make up my mind yet if I prefer this years PES or FIFA offering.

Gameplay wise PES is miles ahead this year. FIFA still has the better game modes and licencing etc though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

sugarman wrote: »
    It is yeah. Does the PS4 version have option files this year do you know?

Yeah it does, haven't tried any myself as i haven't bought the game yet, but i will.

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Any specific shipping method?
    Sorry for the late reply. I don't know to be honest as I didn't order with them. I went with The Game Collection and disappointingly PES didn't get delivered to my work until yesterday (it was officially out on Thursday), was off yesterday too... :rolleyes:

Argos had PES on sale at €45 pretty much as it was released, so I bought that for the weekend while I waited on TGC one to be delivered. Luckily CEX are paying €47 cash for trading in PES now so I'm effectively making €2 for renting the game for 5 days. :pac:

Really hope they've improved the passing from the demo in the final game. Thought it was woeful in the demo. Hopefully find out tomorrow with early access.

Really hope they've improved the passing from the demo in the final game. Thought it was woeful in the demo. Hopefully find out tomorrow with early access.

The demo is usually an earlier build, probably from a couple of months ago, so day 1 proper Fifa 17 should be a different game

Has been in other years I've found anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The 10 hour trial is up by the way. I'm playing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Kirby wrote: »
    The 10 hour trial is up by the way. I'm playing at the moment.

Have you played the demo? Any differences?

Anyone else pre ordered with the game collection? Getting nervous now that it won't arrive by launch.

Anyone else pre ordered with the game collection? Getting nervous now that it won't arrive by launch.

I did, hoping to have it before Friday. Why you nervous?

Edit: meant next friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not out for 8 days, they won't ship it until at least Monday. But they'll probably ship on Tuesday.

It's not out for 8 days, they won't ship it until at least Monday. But they'll probably ship on Tuesday.

IIRC from last year they shipped on Tuesday, I used the UK address with parcel motel and had it Friday which wasn't the worst thing

I've pre ordered with TGC myself but I'm going to cancel it now since I've just moved and I'm now close to an Argos which gives me a better chance of having it release day

ItsHoggie wrote:

Heard people who ordered PES didn't have it on launch

ItsHoggie wrote:

I pre ordered pes weeks before hand. It shipped to parcel motel midday Tuesday (Thursday release day) but it didn't land to parcel motel until Saturday and I didn't have it until the Monday.

On the flip side of that people ordered and got it just fine on the pes thread. Just saying my experience wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Have you played the demo? Any differences?

Yeah I played the demo. It plays very similarly but the thing to remember here is that you arent playing the AI anymore. Real people dribble and tackle differently to the AI.

One thing that ive noticed has changed is the free kick run up thing. It seems to me its gone. Im not surprised because it didnt seem to work in the demo very well.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Game Collection are always late with PES. But considering I've gotten the game 20-25€ cheaper than in store, It wouldn't bother me if it was a day of two late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Game Collection are always late with PES. But considering I've gotten the game 20-25€ cheaper than in store, It wouldn't bother me if it was a day of two late.

I got mine the night before release from TGC and the majority did who ordered on the PES thread. They've never delivered late to me for any games. A couple on the PES forum got theirs late but the majority didn't.

I got mine the night before release from TGC and the majority did who ordered on the PES thread. They've never delivered late to me for any games. A couple on the PES forum got theirs late but the majority didn't.

Strange, could it be down to when the money got taken for the order? I made sure mine was paid straight away just incase that was the matter.

Changed the camera from the default one and enjoying the game a lot more. Could hardly see what was going on with the default camera.

• Advertisement

Strange, could it be down to when the money got taken for the order? I made sure mine was paid straight away just incase that was the matter.
    I didn't get mine delivered until Monday either. From what I could tell, most people on the PES thread got their's on Friday, and a small few got it on release day (Thursday).

I was disappointed but like you said I still saved a bundle getting it through TGC. They tend to have a good reputation for releasing pre-orders early or on time generally, I'd say PES was probably just an exception.

Advertisement