Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmer in Charge

Options
  • 06-06-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this?

The farmer has taken over the control of a hair salon that is failing, and the owner can't be bothered to get out of bed...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

I'm suspicious that its heavily scripted

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

he must be the most useless clown i've ever seen, i'd say it's all for the camera

snipey wrote: »
    he must be the most useless clown i've ever seen, i'd say it's all for the camera

Definitely all prearranged."You act like a dip**** at first to get people talking then have a St Paul like conversion towards the end just in time to save the day"

Throw in Marty Morrissey as a narrator and some small children and bobs your uncle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I enjoyed the show. Am familiar with that shopping center. Loved the farmer. The staff came over very well, also the owner's wife. With all due respects, I'd say there is a little bit of a drink problem there.

For once, we got something a little different, even if part of it was scripted. Great boost for farming communities, in general!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Str8tothepoint

Its just a twist on a format that is well used to death.

Now don't get me started on the theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Was this just a once-off? Great show!!

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Was this just a once-off? Great show!!

Seems it was - but there surely will be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It would have been better to have taken the hairdresser owner out to be a farmer.

It would have been better to have taken the hairdresser owner out to be a farmer.
    I don't agree, because there is no doubt about it - he would be useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

He wouldn't have shown up in time to do the milking, poor cows would have been lining up outside the parlour!!
    I really hope there are more episodes, that farmer was a gent. I wonder would it be him every time, or different farmers every week?

I think it would have to be the same farmer, because he has a unique talent for dealing with practical issues and sorting people out. Also, he seems a genuinely nice guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This was repeated tonight, no idea why, seems it's a one off with no future shows coming.

Advertisement