Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI armor 1080 or KFA2 1080

Options
  • 06-06-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I am considering the MSI armor and the KFA 1080( the inno 3d is also the same price), The only difference being an extra 20 pound for the MSI and it doesn't arrive until june 16th where as the KFA and the inno 3d ones both have an ETA of june 10th. Can I expect much of a difference between these, they all have a decent fan and I don't care about the look and I can OC myself if I have too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

MSI has another years warranty which might be handy when it comes to reselling the card, or if something goes boom in 2.1 years time
    :)

Consider waiting until the cards launch and are reviewed a bit too.
    Good luck with it, I have to wait till Oct for my AMD hit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Given we don't even know the clock speeds on the KFA, I'm not sure any one is in a position to advise as of yet.

Personally I'm hanging on in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

I think I might go with the EVGA sc only a tenner dearer than the msi one has decent clock speed and I like EVGA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

EVGA released the clock speeds of their cards, bar the classified.

http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6286-KR

superg wrote: »
    EVGA released the clock speeds of their cards, bar the classified.

http://eu.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6286-KR

Sound chap

• Advertisement

PCSharkey wrote: »
    Sound chap

Just remember limit 2 per household! :pac:

I can barely scrape together enough to buy 1 hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The basic EVGA ACX is only €679 which is excellent - it's a nice looking card and it has 'GTX1080' stencilled on the top of the card, if you have a windowed case. Seems a very good price, all other GTX1080's at that price are the crappy KFA reference 1080 which has a horrible cheap looking cooler.

The basic EVGA ACX is only €679 which is excellent - it's a nice looking card and it has 'GTX1080' stencilled on the top of the card, if you have a windowed case. Seems a very good price, all other GTX1080's at that price are the crappy KFA reference 1080 which has a horrible cheap looking cooler.

Does evga sell directly? does it take shipping into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

im also looking to buy a 1080.
    Is there any benchmarks comparing all the different manufacturer versions?

Is there any difference? (apples to apples, ie FTW vs FTW etc)

• Advertisement

There are a few but the differences in my mind is simply the silicon lottery at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Amazon soo. Bad lottery off it goes. :)

Still theres a considerable markup on Amazon atm.

TBH from Jayztwocents it really looks like the max is about 2.05Ghz and it doesn't really matter what you do after that. His best clocks have been on the founders edition.

It seems to come down to cooling and noise so far, and looks ofc :D

I bought the EVGA 1080 SC in the end hoping to get it 21-22 if I am lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'll just buy 2 for every house I own [Read: None]

Just realised the EVGA website is cheaper than the KFA on Mindfactory when you consider shipping.

How did you get your ordered Sharkey, if you don't mind me asking, says notify on the evga website.

Just realised the EVGA website is cheaper than the KFA on Mindfactory when you consider shipping.

How did you get your ordered Sharkey, if you don't mind me asking, says notify on the evga website.

I bought it off overclockers, I'm building a pc for a mate so I just bought it with everything else and got free shipping it works out about the same, they have an eta for june 17th

Advertisement