Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Selling bike gear

• 06-06-2016 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Hi all,

my biking days seem to be sadly over for now. I have a couple of sets of bike clothes - leathers and waterproof gear, sets of gloves, boots etc - all good brands, Alpinestars/Bering etc

Where would be the best place to sell them online in Ireland? selling outside of Ireland doesn't make sense as many of the items would be heavy to post.

I have been out of the "scene" for a few years so wouldnt be sure where would be the best place to list the items.

Any suggestions? (its all ladies stuff btw)

Comments

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi all,

my biking days seem to be sadly over for now. I have a couple of sets of bike clothes - leathers and waterproof gear, sets of gloves, boots etc - all good brands, Alpinestars/Bering etc

Where would be the best place to sell them online in Ireland? selling outside of Ireland doesn't make sense as many of the items would be heavy to post.

I have been out of the "scene" for a few years so wouldnt be sure where would be the best place to list the items.

Any suggestions? (its all ladies stuff btw)

Adverts.ie or maybe biker.ie have a classified section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Adverts.ie or maybe biker.ie have a classified section.

Thanks for that - biker.ie was actually the forum i was thinking of but i couldnt remember the name....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Done deal, Gumtree, Buy & Sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Parchment wrote: »
    Thanks for that - biker.ie was actually the forum i was thinking of but i couldnt remember the name....!
    Ffs.... Biker.ie for a lady? You'd want to be able to tolerate a huge amount of sexist abuse and requests for naked pics. Woe betide you go on there just to sell stuff you'll be barred instantly and told to go back to the kitchen. Bunch of Neanderthals the lot of them. (Banned permanently for daring to ask for a Facebook link to a fundraiser)

serious3 wrote: »
    Ffs.... Biker.ie for a lady? You'd want to be able to tolerate a huge amount of sexist abuse and requests for naked pics. Woe betide you go on there just to sell stuff you'll be barred instantly and told to go back to the kitchen. Bunch of Neanderthals the lot of them. (Banned permanently for daring to ask for a Facebook link to a fundraiser)

I just couldnt think of the forum - i was never a member there but knew about it from friends. When i was an active "biker" it was before the internet was a huge deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

There's a few groups on Facebook you could try, Lady Bikers in Ireland, The Celtic Sisterhood, Motorcycle Buy & Sell Ireland, Bikers 4 Life, IBF. All worth a try ;)

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    There's a few groups on Facebook you could try, Lady Bikers in Ireland, The Celtic Sisterhood, Motorcycle Buy & Sell Ireland, Bikers 4 Life, IBF. All worth a try ;)

Thanks - those sounds just like what i was looking for!

Advertisement