Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Dinner Service

Options
  • 06-06-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at that stage in my life (getting old, lol) where I'd like to get a nice dinner service that I could add to as I go along!

Not sure if this is the right forum, but thinking id like the plates to be as nice as the food.

Any recommendations. I like patterns and colours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm not sure if it counts as a proper dinner service because they don't seem to have, like, cruets and soup tureens and things, but I'm a huge fan of the Fable range Royal Doulton have at the minute

http://www.royaldoulton.eu/shop/by-collection/fable

If you're in Dublin it's in Arnotts for pawing (and if you buy any of it, I have been pawing extensively at it and it could do with a go through the dishwasher a couple of times to get rid of my jealous finger prints)

232723239alt2?$prod_main$

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I like the pip studio porcelain. https://www.pipstudio.com/en/living/porcelain It's not cheap and they do change the styles but the style they are discontinuingt now was available for at least 5 years so plenty of time to pick up bit by bit. i find they all tone well also.

Carraig Donn and Avoca stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

No, I dont need tureens etc, its more mix n match that I am looking at!

Miss Flitworth, would you believe it was the Fable range (which I spotted and fell in love with yesterday in Meadows and Byrne!!!) that prompted this thread! So gorgeous. Only thing, when you buy it as a set (its all just the blue!) where I would rather get a mix! Might be buying one plate a week, lol!

Love the floral fantasy ones also from that PIP range! Will call into Avoca for a nosey.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

If you'd like to mix and match, maybe look on eBay at Mason's Vista. It comes in blue and pink and you could chop and change!

Disclaimer - I am obsessed with china and have several full dinner services :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Went into Avoca in the way home and had a look at the floral fantasy/Bloomingtales ...and fell in love.....till I found our no microwave/no dishwasher! Probably just as well as it's expensive enough and looks addictive!!

Unfortunately, these hands don't do dishes.;...so I think fable is the way to go!!! Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement