Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

• 06-06-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone, well I'm 17 and I just bought a car (Ford Fiesta 1.1 litre 2004) and I have my drivers learner permit currently so I'm looking to get insured and I'm wondering where is the cheapest place for young drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Db42798 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, well I'm 17 and I just bought a car (Ford Fiesta 1.1 litre 2004) and I have my drivers learner permit currently so I'm looking to get insured and I'm wondering where is the cheapest place for young drivers?

There is no 1.1, only a 1.25 and 1.4 petrol engines. Well they are the most common in Irish cars.

As for which insurance companies, get googling and ring them all in the morning. Set aside an hour or longer and just call them all and take down whatever quotes you get. You'll end up with a page of quotes. Pick the cheapest.

Britton are supposedly decent for learners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Ive found fbd to be cheapest recently. But its a farce really, ive had quotes for the same car with differences of 2000euro between different insurers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

XS Direct (Insurance Brokers) http://www.xsdirect.ie/
    For drivers with a low or no NCB
    Quotations: 042-9359051

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Db42798 wrote: »

Probably Italy ..........

Advertisement