Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thickest Baby Wipes

Options
  • 06-06-2016 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What are the thickest baby wipes sold in Ireland? All the ones that I've tried are thinner than the ones sold in the US, even though they're the same brands (pampers and huggies).

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My favourites are Simple and Mamia. By far the best, and I've tried them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Simple are good, and we also use waterwipes here, although I know they're more expensive.
    The Supervalu own brand one are also good I find - not the Daily Basics ones, but their other ones. They have sensitive, fragranced and non-fragranced options - we use the non-fragranced ones. Actually prefer them in some ways to the waterwipes, because the package has a proper "lid" on it, that you can snap shut - when trying to get the waterwipes out of the pack, they tend to come out in bunches which drives me nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

I love tesco blue baby wipes fragrance free ones ! They manage to get everything off I even use them for the odd bit of cleaning !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The thickest ones are Huggies brand (cream packet my favourite, the sensitive ones) but they tear very easily and can be quite expensive.

I use the Tesco Loves Baby ones in the blue packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I think the water wipes are the thickest or most sturdy,don't break up or stretch, they are pricey though. You can pick them up for €2 sometimes,they are usually €2.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

January wrote: »
    The thickest ones are Huggies brand (cream packet my favourite, the sensitive ones) but they tear very easily and can be quite expensive.

I use the Tesco Loves Baby ones in the blue packet.

Mr Price has those Huggies ones for €1 a packet. They are quite good i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pfcmcl

So far I've tried Huggies (cream packet and best so far), Pampers, and Supervalu with the "proper lid". Unfortunately, none of them are as thick as the american ones. I've seen Simple and Waterwipes at the stores but the packets don't look as tall as the other brands with the same number of wipes per packet, which makes me think they would be even thinner. Does that make sense? I think I'm going to try Tesco and Mamia next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pfcmcl

...and after Coopaloop's comment, I'll have to give waterwipes a try too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Thickest ones are cheeky wipes-cloth ones. Way better at wiping and for the environment. Never had a good throway wipe that beat the cloth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I love tesco blue baby wipes fragrance free ones ! They manage to get everything off I even use them for the odd bit of cleaning !

I love these. I clean with them too ;) Bought huggies at the weekend because they were on offer. I'm fit to throw the 5 packs in the bin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

cyning wrote:
    I love these. I clean with them too Bought huggies at the weekend because they were on offer. I'm fit to throw the 5 packs in the bin!

Can't even stand those huggie they rip so easily I have long enough nails so the minute I pull one out it goes to pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Tesco fragrance free wipes for sure are the best.
    Huggies are awful in every sense of the word, even the packet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The huggies cream packet and the Lidl purple packet are the thickest and toughest!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baby_Bear

I don't bother with disposable ones any more. I use Cheeky Wipes washable ones and couldn't go back to the crappy (pardon the pun) disposable ones.

Advertisement