Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home wiring, help please

• 07-06-2016 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Ok i have to fix the connections in my attic.

I need to join 2 inputs and then distribute the joined signal to 5 outputs what do i need ?

Im guessing to join the 2 inputs ill need a combiner,something like this ?
    s-l500.jpg

Then a powered splitter/booster ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What is the signal source for the 2 inputs, Saorview/satellite/cable etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

One is old analog cable and the other input is from a Saorview rooftop aerial.

I can take pictures of the existing set up if that would help ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Stealthirl wrote: »
    One is old analog cable and the other input is from a Saorview rooftop aerial.

A distribution amplifier of some sort will probably be the best option to feed the 5 TV points.

The question is what is the frequency range of the channels carried on the analogue cable, VHF and/or UHF? Saorview is UHF.

Some amps cover only a certain portion of the frequency range, UHF only, UHF/VHF, UHF and part of the VHF band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I bought 4 way amplifiers from this crowd in the past:

http://www.freetv.ie/

Delivery was prompt and the amplifiers worked perfectly. They do 6 way and 8 way as well.

I now have just two tv's in addition to my main tv, but these amplifiers do a good job when there is a long run of cable involved. Very neat too.

Advertisement