Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Tay- public transport

Options
  • 07-06-2016 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know how to get to Lough Tay (not the beach, more of the spot for the view, photography-wise) without access to a car? I suppose, take public transport to Glendalough and hike from there to R759? Is this possible? Any alternative routes? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You would be much better off getting off at Roundwood, then going up the L1036 to the R759, it's a much quicker route.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Blowfish wrote: »
    You would be much better off getting off at Roundwood, then going up the L1036 to the R759, it's a much quicker route.

Brilliant. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Blowfish wrote: »

Is there any Bus Eireann routes that go via Roundwood? I thought it's either get St. Kevin's Bus or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Is there any Bus Eireann routes that go via Roundwood? I thought it's either get St. Kevin's Bus or nothing.

I presume it's the St Kevin's bus (from town to Glendalough route) as I checked their website and it has a stop at Roundwood (Roundwood Inn specifically).

Advertisement