Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Closed in Dental Issues

Options
  • 07-06-2016 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

A thread that I started on the Dental Issues forum about the Dental Council was closed by one of the Moderators, Fitzgeme, on the grounds that I was trolling.

http://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057603187#99871624

As per procedure, I sent him a PM on 29 May 2016 saying that I didn't think that pointing out the fact that a regulated profession does not appear to have a functioning regulator constitutes trolling. I said that I would have thought that it was a matter that would be of serious concern to consumers and providers of dental services, and I requested that the closure of the thread be rescinded.

Fitzgeme and I have "history" so (also on 29 May 2016) he asked another moderator, Helimanchopter, to deal with my request as he didn't want any direct contact with me - fair enough.

I haven't heard anything from Helimanchopter and the thread remains closed. As per procedure I am now starting this thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Hillmanhunter1. Please be advised that the Dispute Resolution forum is reserved by charter for the resolution of cards and bans, and is not a forum for disputing the closure of a thread. If you will PM me with all the details of your thread closure, I will discuss it further with you by PM, as well as facilitate an exchange of PMs between you and the mods. Sincerely, Black Swan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement