Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Found the entire feel of this game off. Too hipster. Like, they throw everything hipster at you, they want you to be a hipster (just check out the clothing options). I played about 5 hours of this, and had to stop. Too hipster.

Did i mention it was too hipster? It's a shame, i think i'd like it otherwise. Really enjoyed the first one.

:D No pompadour and beard option in appearance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

It gets a lot easier, haven't died in it in a long time.

I hate selfies, I hate people who take them, it's the saddest thing in the world. Look at me, tell me I look great, like my picture.

So when I see anyone on the street in this game taking a selfie, I hack them and send a gang over to assassinate them.

They deserve it.

Ok,

I gave the game another shot last night. I bumped up my hacking skills and actually had a blast to be fair!

There was a mission where I had to take out a series of guys. Usually, I would have crept in slowly, strangling foes as I went. This time, I flew my drone over head, singled out the lads I wanted, repeatedly called the cops and gang members on all of them and watched with glee as wave upon wave of mercenaries/police came in to take them out. When all was said and done, I leisurely walked through the front door and picked up what I needed to get.

I figure this is the way Ubisoft intended the game to be played? Makes sense. I'm not a trained killer. I shouldn't be able to snipe, blast and decimate my way through the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Found the entire feel of this game off. Too hipster. Like, they throw everything hipster at you, they want you to be a hipster (just check out the clothing options). I played about 5 hours of this, and had to stop. Too hipster.

Did i mention it was too hipster? It's a shame, i think i'd like it otherwise. Really enjoyed the first one.

Not me, I went a biker store and decked myself out like Bruce Springsteen in 1985. I think that's called post industrial retro rustic chic.

Not me, I went a biker store and decked myself out like Bruce Springsteen in 1985. I think that's called post industrial retro rustic chic.

So in other words "alt post hipster" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

alt model hipster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished the last main mission last night. Spent 77 hours at it doing main and side missions and online stuff. It's a good game, but I prefer the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This game annoys me in special ways - I lived in the Bay Area for 18 months, and the game has a weird way of representing the place. It's hard to say exactly why, it just makes me appreciate the intricate detail that Rockstar manages to weave into its gameworlds even though they're not actually the real world locations.

Basically, GTAV's world feels more like LA (which I also visited quite a lot) than WD2 feels like San Francisco and the Bay Area.

That said, I do enjoy the game, this is probably just something that'll only annoy people who actually know the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

MJohnston wrote: »
    This game annoys me in special ways - I lived in the Bay Area for 18 months, and the game has a weird way of representing the place. It's hard to say exactly why, it just makes me appreciate the intricate detail that Rockstar manages to weave into its gameworlds even though they're not actually the real world locations.

Basically, GTAV's world feels more like LA (which I also visited quite a lot) than WD2 feels like San Francisco and the Bay Area.

That said, I do enjoy the game, this is probably just something that'll only annoy people who actually know the place!
    I think because it is less accurate they have scaled the city down and left out some areas altogether, whereas LS is pretty faithful to LA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Apologies if it's already been asked, but has anyone else had problems with the Key Data not appearing? I can't find over half of them, despite going to the exact place where they should be. Nothing shows up when I scan for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Virtanen wrote: »
    Apologies if it's already been asked, but has anyone else had problems with the Key Data not appearing? I can't find over half of them, despite going to the exact place where they should be. Nothing shows up when I scan for them?

Usually in an obscure place only reachable by the car drone and some sort of puzzle. I got all of them before i finished the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Yeah, I know that alright, I've used the drone to scout out where they should be, but nothing is there. Hopefully they'll just show up eventually and it isn't a bug :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MJohnston wrote: »

I had the same issue with Sleeping Dogs. I lived in Hong Kong for college and the game cut massive corners to bring it down to scale. The limitations of the console generation that it was build for didn't help it in that respect either; the Central district in Sleeping Dogs just couldn't replicate how busy/atmospheric Central IRL was.

But at the end of the day it was still a fantastic game. Comparing such games to R*'s is just unfair really, R* have perfected their craft to the point where they can't be bettered. Not to mention, GTA V took $250m-$300m to develop, and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nailz wrote: »
    I had the same issue with Sleeping Dogs. I lived in Hong Kong for college and the game cut massive corners to bring it down to scale. The limitations of the console generation that it was build for didn't help it in that respect either; the Central district in Sleeping Dogs just couldn't replicate how busy/atmospheric Central IRL was.

But at the end of the day it was still a fantastic game. Comparing such games to R*'s is just unfair really, R* have perfected their craft to the point where they can't be bettered. Not to mention, GTA V took $250m-$300m to develop, and it shows.

I don't think it's unfair considering its an AAA title priced the same as GTAV and lets not pretend Ubisoft are new to open world games. In fact WD2 should be miles better than GTAV when you consider how many open world games Ubisoft has made.

Playing WD2 in my mates on PC, GTX 1080 on a Skylake i7 and it ran like crap. Driving in the game was a stutterfest and while the game looked good with maxed out graphics it looked very dated when compared to a maxed out GTAV which looked miles better and ran smooth as silk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Hefty 10 gig update went live for this a while ago.
    Patch 1.11 I think it's called if you want to read it.
    Basically fixing what was broken/glitchy and adding new areas in preperation for the DLC that is on the way.

They've also added some cutscene to the last mission, the game soundtrack to the music app and new clothes to the shops and Dedsecs vending thingymabob.

I've only found one of the new areas so far, there was a big money bag in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

this is gonna take 8 hours to download! WTF PSN? I pay good money for this service!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Finally got the platinum last night! the Dedsec Events was my last trophy to get. They wouldn't appear for days and then all of a sudden three appeared in a row last night.

Is the DLC worth a look?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got

21L69a04b.png Hold My Hair
    Take a picture of someone vomiting trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Just completed the 3 hours of this, seriously thinking of taking the plunge but going by this thread ?70 isnt really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I paid less than 20 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sweetie wrote: »
    I paid less than 20 months ago

I think you've been hacked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just completed the 3 hours of this, seriously thinking of taking the plunge but going by this thread ?70 isnt really worth it?

Personally, I don't think so. It's a good game, but even with all the new stuff you can do in it, it just gets so repetitive. And so much of the game relies on having to hack or collect something up on a roof which means you're constantly having to hack forklifts, platform lifts or window lifts to get up and down from roofs. It gets incredibly frustrating. The story and characters aren't interesting either.

If you enjoyed the 3 hours, I'd say it's still worth playing more. But not for €70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm a bit late to the party here but playing through this now and feel that the first one is way better. The hacking and missions felt much better in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I'm a bit late to the party here but playing through this now and feel that the first one is way better. The hacking and missions felt much better in the first game.

I felt like two was a massive improvement. The setting, story, characters were all far more enjoyable than the first game. Also disagree on the hacking and missions being better, hacking essentially has all the same functionality as the first game and has been expanded upon if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Maybe it's rise tinted glasses then. Could be that the first got a lot of stick and I had low expectations for it, only for it through Games with Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Currently playing through this. I was doing the graffiti side mission and couldn't jump across a ledge really annoying I was there for a few days in game time trying to jump it. Had to look up a guide which i hate doing as I prefer to do it myself. I had to study the video and copied him exactly. What you do it a slight zig zap like a snake moving as you sprint towards the ledge and mysteriously he makes the jump I sprinted and jumped off the ledge I don't know how many times and Markus never made the jump.

And the strange thing is not everyone has that problem. Some guy like me on the steam forums ran and jumped at every angle like I done and never made the jump. Doing a zig zag motion worked for some strange reason.

It was an odd one but I am still really enjoying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just escaped from
    Alcatraz
    . I don't remember if it was a side mission or a main mission.

I love searching for upgrade points by going down the air ducts and the drone is very useful for searching out areas and finding the best routes. And most of the time you have to send in the RC car due to drone not being able to install a back door.

Another thing about this game the cars have an extremely violent reverse. Never came across a game where reversing will make the car fly like it's out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I just started this (thought I couldn't go wrong for 8 quid) seems i did.

I just can't get into it at all, everything is just thrown at you and there doesn't seem to be much reason for anything. Nothing is really explained either and the driving is exceptionally woeful.

I could have got a spice bag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You're not the only one!
    I've tried a few times myself and never got more than an hour or two in it!

The characters are a bunch of gowls too, it's hard to relate to them on any level!

Hoping they get it right with WD3 whenever that comes out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Aiden Pearce forever! Marcus Holloway never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

recyclops wrote: »
    I just started this (thought I couldn't go wrong for 8 quid) seems i did.

I just can't get into it at all, everything is just thrown at you and there doesn't seem to be much reason for anything. Nothing is really explained either and the driving is exceptionally woeful.

I could have got a spice bag :(

this was free a few weeks ago on Epic

I actually played the first one because I got it free on there as well and have just finished GTA V which was also free and the level of detail is just night and day

Advertisement