Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PB's

Options
  • 07-06-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question but to get a PB in a race does it need to be the same course/location or can it be a different location but same distance as such?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

It's completely up to you. PB's in tri are fairly meaningless due to course and conditions never being the same. If a bike course was short would you count that as a PB? I know I wouldn't. For running races, as long as the distance is spot on, a PB is a PB (subject to some silly point to point rules in marathon, etc. etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

EC1000 wrote: »
    It's completely up to you. PB's in tri are fairly meaningless due to course and conditions never being the same. If a bike course was short would you count that as a PB? I know I wouldn't. For running races, as long as the distance is spot on, a PB is a PB (subject to some silly point to point rules in marathon, etc. etc.)

I've been in triathlon for ~6 years now and I have no idea what my "PB" is for any distance triathlon, as in my book they are completely meaningless. I know my 5K/10K/half Mara PBs though.

Advertisement