Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the yellow stuff

Options
  • 07-06-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi guys don't no if this Is the correct place to post but any way, a few weeks ago I was walkin through the garden when I got to the end I looked down and noticed yellow stuff on the top of my shoe jus a small bit looked kinda like baby poo, I walked back the way I went intending to move what was left but couldn't find this mysterious thing anyhere no trace of a lump of poo existed , this morning before school my kids wer n the garden waiting for me to come out wen we got n the car one of them had this yellow stuff on the tops of both shoes got him out if car and he showed me where he was n the garden again no sign of anything. Does an animal make small yellow poo? Should I b worrying about this mysterious yellow stuff infecting my kids. Hopefully he guys know better than me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitb1

We cut our lawn there this evening and there is no sign of yellow poo r gunk r whatever it is anywer I am at a loss to know wat it is and my overactive mind is working overdrive worrying 😦

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Probably pollen, wouldn't panic about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I'm intreagued :D

Are you sure its not birdy goo?
    I've seen all kinds of goo left behind by all sorts of animals, does it smell?
    can you get a picture for us next time please?
    the only yellow baby poo goo I can think of is yellow brain fungus and that turns to goo as soon as it is removed from wood.

Yellow%20brain%20fungus%20Gina%20Rackley%20500x320-28848c2b8988cf22f8c331c278c550d6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

caitb1 wrote: »
    We cut our lawn there this evening and there is no sign of yellow poo r gunk r whatever it is anywer I am at a loss to know wat it is and my overactive mind is working overdrive worrying 😦

Probably a slime mould. Not common but it happens.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=246

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Noticed yellow on my shoes recently as well and put it down to pollen from the buttercups that are flowering where I was walking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is the yellow stuff snow? if so, don't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

lk67 wrote: »
    Probably a slime mould. Not common but it happens.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=246

Now that you mention it I've seen green slime mould in some of my pots but never yellow :D

Advertisement