Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISCO RV220W-E V01

Options
  • 07-06-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey there

I use a Cisco router for our work requirements, and she works away a treat. I haven't had to connect to her for a while, so have left her alone. Now I need to run some checks, as we have an audit coming up, but when I log in as Admin, I can only see the dashboard, and the change password function (which doesn't work). I am logged in as Cisco, with the correct password, and the router says I am logged in, but I don't get the functions tree on the left had frame. I have also logged in as myself, also an admin, with teh same results. Does anyone know how I can get round this so I can see my functions.

Thanks

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Hi there,

if it looks odd in the browser then try it in another browser. Try downloading Firefox or Google Chrome and then try again.

You can also telnet in to the cisco interface, and use the IOS commands. But this will require that you have some knowledge of the commands.

regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tuxxaustin

Thanks PeterTheEigth

Yep, that was what I thought too, so I have tried it in both Chrome and IE with the same result. I'll try it in FF once I have it installed, but I don't hold out much hope.

Are you sure the interface looked different the last time you logged in with the same login credentials. It's also possible that the router might just need a reboot. Sometimes the interface can sometimes look askew or not work at all until they are rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Outdated Java which is blocked on pretty much every browser. You would want to telnet or SSH into it and go command line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tuxxaustin

Without doubt. Before, I had access to All admin functions. I am the only administrator on the box, so haven't been locked out. I am reluctant to re start it today, as I have an audit on Thursday, and can't have it totally crashing out on me. Looks like a weekend reboot!! Thanks anyway

• Advertisement

If you just want to see the settings, then I would telnet to the device, then log in. When the prompt appears type show running-config and this will give you a copy of the configuration. You can copy this out to a text file if you need to send it on.

Telnet is not included in the default Windows installation any more (well done on that Microsoft) but you can add it back in through Programs And Features in Control Panel. Then just type telnet <ip address> to connect to the device.

Advertisement