Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seven seater automatic options?

• 07-06-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I need to replace my car with a 7 seater for occasional carrying of extra children. The extra seats won't always be in use. It also needs to be an automatic as one of the drivers is only licensed for autos.

It will mainly be for city driving so don't need a diesel but also know there aren't a lot of non-diesel options. I have an 09 Audi A5 (one of the emissiony ones :ermm:) to trade in or sell as well. Would like to keep cost down obviously but could add 15-20k on top of whatever I get for it.

Not madly gone on brand new but would consider it if necessary.

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Jo75 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions in advance!

With sensible budget of 25k you'll get an almost new
    * Grand Scenic 1.5dCi EDC 110PS - examples
    ** https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-grand-scenic-bose-1-5-dci-110-bhp-automat/11498426
    ** https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-grand-scenic-bose-1-5-dci-110-bhp-automat/11876770
    ** https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-grand-scenic-bose-1-5-dci-110/12067025

* Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI EAT6 120PS (means ~152 onwards)
    * 5008 1.6 HDI EAT6 120PS (which means ~152 onwards)

IMHO a new 5008 is a great option atm. It has been recently face-lifted and will be replaced soon by newer model - so the current offering for is loaded with options. They are covered by 5 years warranty and you could get around 4k discount on them...

You might consider an S-Max - but the automatics keep the value. Grand C-Max the same, plus is even rarer and looks tragically...

There is also this Prius+: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-hybrid-4dr-auto-7-seater/12274150.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jo75

Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought of a 5008 so that's one to consider. Do you mean a new one grogi? I would have thought the depreciation might be steep on a Peugeot?

Is it worth looking at the UK for one of the Fords if they are hard to source here?

Jo75 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't thought of a 5008 so that's one to consider. Do you mean a new one grogi? I would have thought the depreciation might be steep on a Peugeot?

Yes, new.

In three years time the market will be flooded with PCP cars - the depreciation will be steep on everything...

And if you're buying with 5 years in mind, you should buy something that you like, not something that will not depreciate... That's 5 years of your life in a car for someone else :)
    Is it worth looking at the UK for one of the Fords if they are hard to source here?

Never hurts to look - but I have never found really interesting worth the hassle. But it was at 1.35-1.40 euro for a pound.

Ok, here's a (more-less) complete list for you to consider:

Compact seven-seaters, for occasional 7-people...
    * Peugeot 5008 (but only with EAT6 gearbox) (152+)
    * Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (but only with EAT6 gearbox) (152+)
    * Renault Grand Scenic (with EDC gearbox) - new or used (2010+)
    * Citroen C-Crosser / Peugeot 4007 / Mitsubishi Outlander - it was made in Japan with PSA 2.2 HDI engine and dual clutch gearbox. Great car - but very rare. Pre 2008...
    * Outlander new - but the list price of €42,900 kills...
    * Nissan X-Trail - new from €37,800
    * Ford Grand C-Max - with Powershift 2009+
    * Ford S-Max - with 2.0TDCi and Powershift 2009+
    * VW Touran (avoid 7-Speed DSG)
    * Prius Plus
    * Mercedes E-Class estate (some are 7-seaters)
    * Volvo V70 (as the merc)
    * Opel Zafira pre 2008.

Mercedes-E-Class-Estate-Boot.jpg

Big seven seaters, for more regular 7-people carrying...
    * Seat Alhambra, VW Sharan (avoid 7-Speed DSG)
    * Ford Galaxy - 2009+
    * Santa Fe - old and new models (€47,745 woohao) are both 7-Seaters.

There are more 7-seaters, but they either have dreadful/very unreliable automatics or don't come with auto at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I just picked up a SMAX auto myself. Have to say it is lovely to drive.

I looked at all the options. I was swapping a qashqai and really wanted to go with X-Trail but the space in back was very limited. Also there seems to be a bit of concern over there auto

I test drove the 5008 brand new, great deals available on them.

In the end I didn't go PCP and just went and bought SMAX. Had a lot smaller budget than yourself but managed to get 08 SMAX AUto with only 80k miles on it so happy with purchase.

Brother has 5008 and likes it alot. I liked it as well as the driver set up is nice. The Citreon is just a wall of glass and I hated it. I did have a bit of a concern with both Peugeot and Citreon in regards to reliability

Prius + is a good job as well, mate has one. If loads of city driving it is the job.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    In the end I didn't go PCP and just went and bought SMAX. Had a lot smaller budget than yourself but managed to get 08 SMAX AUto with only 80k miles on it so happy with purchase.

Don't forget to regularly (every 30kkm or so) statically replace the fluid (typically JWS3309 in that year) in that box.

At current 130kkm you probably would need to do three static changes to make sure it is clean enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

grogi wrote: »
    Don't forget to regularly (every 30kkm or so) statically replace the fluid (typically JWS3309 in that year) in that box.

At current 130kkm you probably would need to do three static changes to make sure it is clean enough...

Full service history with Ford, I would guess they have done this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Anyone got an opinion or experience of this type of Toyota Estima/Previa. Jap import may be hard to get insurance.

no-photo.gif

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/estima/used-2008-toyota-estima-2-4-hybri-dublin-fpa-201914600435151650

T.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Full service history with Ford, I would guess they have done this?

If you have service history then just check the invoices.
    I don't think they would touch it until it breaks down.

Advertisement