Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from PhoneWatch

Options
  • 07-06-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

We are with Phonewatch a number of years but their prices have just kept climbing.
    They sent me a letter in maybe March saying the price is going up and and that I have 30 days to cancel or else I was signing up for another year.
    We were a bit busy around then but in May we moved to Homesecure.

Now Phonewatch are saying that due to us not notifying them in March that we were liable for the full years contract.
    Since this was monthly payment surely that is a rolling contract after the initial contract period was up.
    Anyone got any ideas about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Normally their contract is an annual contract, which you pay monthly (for convenience). But, it is still an annual contract.

Check the exact terms and conditions of your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Check your contract. I recently switched from Phonewatch to Home Secure (after being with PW for almost 10 years) and switched no problem. I was paying monthly like you, and just had to give a month's notice to PW. Homesecure managed the switch for me, I just cancelled the direct debit a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Thanks , I need to check the original contract , again Homesecure said they would inform Phonewatch about the switch but supposedly never did.
    We cancelled the DD and that is when they contacted us.

We will wait and see what the final bill will be.

Advertisement