Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather jacket, womens.

• 07-06-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a black distressed leather biker jacket, preferably in a nice soft leather.
    Spotted one that I really liked in TK maxx about a month ago but they didn't have it in my size (only size 8 & 16 left :rolleyes: ) I've checked two other branches & no luck. Planning on taking a trip down to Kildare outlet soon to check out the All Saints shop.
    Any ideas where else I should look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I have a gorgeous leather jacket from river island. It's biker style, not really distressed. It's lovely buttery soft black leather. Mines about 2 years old but they have similar all the time. Around €120-€150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I have a buttery soft leather jacket for a couple of years by Selected Femme that I love. Had a quick look on their website there and they have a few. Maybe something like this?

16048015_Black_006_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=520

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Massimo Dutti have some nice ones. Or Mango as more budget friendly option. I would say all saints is your best option for distressed look. There is another brand in Kildare Village that could have some but I can't remember the name at the moment. They are one of the newer shops there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Thanks, I really like the style of that one barleybooley, if it was distressed it would be spot on!
    I wouldn't have thought of Massimo Dutti, I reckon it may be a tad over my budget... I was hoping to spent about €200 max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I have one this one from Muubaa that I got a while back on sale - very soft leather.
    1390391420-18147100.jpg

Would def recommend them as a brand and they regularly have sales via the outnet.com

Otherwise I see that you mentioned KV - since their expansion, a couple of the newer outlets also stock nice leather jackets.
    If money was no object: Belstaff would be the place to go. Their jackets are so soft, stylish, unique and well-made. I always make it my business to pop in just to see their jackets. You'd be typically talking about 400euro upwards for a jacket (although, might be lucky with some further reduced on occasion). Their jackets first day are 1000euro plus, so they really are an investment and in the grand scheme, the outlet markdown price is significant (yet their stock is still quite pricey).

Mid-range bordering high: The Kooples also have stock leather jackets. Typically ones which are on-trend, biker style, asymmetric zip, buckles, etc. Think their range comes in at around 200euro plus.
    I'd also place All-Saints in this region. I love their vibe, but I have in the past found their jackets to be a little rougher in texture (maybe their jackets hold up better over time, or perhaps the distressed treatment gives them a more structured texture... I'm not really sure, but just something to bear in mind).

That's all I can think of right now. I think the leather jackets start 'returning' to TK maxx soon if I remember correctly....from July onwards just in time for A/W.

I love leather jackets - really hope you're successful on your quest Sinister Kid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Thanks a mill Smallteapot!
    I'm going to check out your suggestions now. I'm in no rush, I want to make sure I get it right!

Advertisement