Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Lal Quila closed ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Say this yesterday on facebook.... Shame I would have closed the other place across the road. I wonder what they done... Havent passed by it recently so do not know if it is still closed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I live near it and it is still closed.

I don't know why they were issued with the order however I am always wary of restaurants that cater to all cuisines (they did fish, pizza, steak etc as well as indian).

When I want indian I go to an indian, when I want italian I go to an italian etc. Few exceptions are when I go to a pub and get a curry for example but in that case I don't expect anything spectacular.

Ok so I'm ranting lol but presumably the closure order is on health grounds. Something serious anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kingtut wrote: »
    I live near it and it is still closed.

I don't know why they were issued with the order however I am always wary of restaurants that cater to all cuisines (they did fish, pizza, steak etc as well as indian).

When I want indian I go to an indian, when I want italian I go to an italian etc. Few exceptions are when I go to a pub and get a curry for example but in that case I don't expect anything spectacular.

Ok so I'm ranting lol but presumably the closure order is on health grounds. Something serious anyway!

I couldn't agree more ! must admit I haven't eaten there in a while. When it first opened it was a very classy Indian, almost 'formal' plates very well presented & ONLY Indian cuisine. I presume they diversified to increase revenue, but for me, it made me stay away. Sad to see any business close its doors though for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

FSAI report says the closure order was lifted the day after it was served.. over a month ago.

They are back open definitely, as I just called them to ask.

FSAI report says the closure order was lifted the day after it was served.. over a month ago.

Good for them, cant have been too serious then, more likely paperwork not in order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Andip wrote: »
    Good for them, cant have been too serious then, more likely paperwork not in order

I doubt they close places down for paperwork issues! According to the Irish Times, Such orders are served where it is deemed that there is, or there is likely to be, a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Wow they were closed when I went past yesterday. Also wonder what the story is with the place next door to them... they own it but windows are boarded up etc.

sozbox wrote: »
    I doubt they close places down for paperwork issues! According to the Irish Times, Such orders are served where it is deemed that there is, or there is likely to be, a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises.

Hey Sozbox, surprisingly they actually do.

If they cant produce paperwork as to origin or date of purchase etc immediately when inspected, the fsai will issue a closure order until they do. Without paperwork, there 'could' be a risk to public health as the inspectors can't fully assess the situation. Whilst a premises could look fine, if they cant verify the produce, fsai thankfully wont take a chance.

If they opened the day after, it looks likely this was paperwork as a deep clean or reparation work would likely take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,586 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There were two places in my town issued with these orders before and from what I remember it was mainly to do with storage of food and cross contamination.
    The places reopened after about two days and both have no closed.
    One failed another inspection and was closed permently I think and other basically didn't do that well.
    They've both being taken over by new food businesses and the business doesn't seem to be going great especially for the one that was closed.

There were two places in my town issued with these orders before and from what I remember it was mainly to do with storage of food and cross contamination.
    The places reopened after about two days and both have no closed.
    One failed another inspection and was closed permently I think and other basically didn't do that well.
    They've both being taken over by new food businesses and the business doesn't seem to be going great especially for the one that was closed.

Which is a shame, but the fact LalQuila apparently opened next day implies this was minor, sorry didn't start thread to bash restaurant more interested if it was still open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah that is a shame now as in the papers it defo looked like they closed for hygiene reasons or along those lines. Shame on the papers stuff like that can do a lot of damage to a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Papers are there to make money. Truth is not that important especially if it interferes with a "good" story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Have eaten there many times and would go back any time. Lovely indian food. I was very surprised to hear this and would think it was not a serious issue but who knows.

Advertisement