Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alert for anyone available for Supervision

Options
  • 07-06-2016 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Heard today in school that a colleague got a phone call this morning looking for her to start supervision for the state exams tomorrow. They have no back ups available apparently. Anyone who got turned down it might be worth ringing up to express your availability

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Heard of similar at the distribution centre today. People still only calling up to say they are no longer available. It's very unprofessional at this stage. Anybody registered with the teaching council should call immediately and let them know they are free. Including primary teachers and further ed teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just got a phonecall looking to supervise in Dublin. Did it last year but didnt apply this year. I cant do it since I'll be abroad. She said there is a shortage in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

Would be strange if a primary teacher was doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

doc_17 wrote: »

Anyone on the subbing circuit could do it if they are stuck I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

doc_17 wrote: »

Not really. Garda vetted is most important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Not really. Garda vetted is most important.

I never considered vetting - have been superintending with a few years and have never been vetted - not even when I started.

Advertisement