Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgard Heights

Options
  • 07-06-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a house in Belgard heights in Tallaght. Area is perfect location wise for us and close to the Luas.
    Would any one have experience living here - would it be a quiet enough area? Any major issues we should be aware of/Consider?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

I live there and it's mostly grand, if you're looking at a house that faces the green area be aware that there's usually a lot of kids on it in summer etc. - nothing anti-social as such, bit of shouting and roaring. There are a couple of houses in disrepair too but mostly fine, suppose you will get that in any estate that size.

Generally speaking, should be fine but drive up there at 11 on a Friday night etc. just to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I grew up in Belgard Heights but would have left the area around 12 years ago or so.

When I was going to school in Crumlin, my class mates used to say I lived in the "posh" end of Tallaght! :p

So yeah all things considered, its should be a fine area. Not sure how the Belgard pub is these days but used to be OK back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I live there and it's mostly grand, if you're looking at a house that faces the green area be aware that there's usually a lot of kids on it in summer etc. - nothing anti-social as such, bit of shouting and roaring. There are a couple of houses in disrepair too but mostly fine, suppose you will get that in any estate that size.

Generally speaking, should be fine but drive up there at 11 on a Friday night etc. just to check.

Appreciate the replies. House were looking at isnt over looking the greens so hopefully ok. Had a walk round the area this evening and seems quiet enough but yeah a drive round on a friday night is def a good idea. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Does the house have a garage?

I believe that some of the houses with a garage tended to have some cracks above the garage which could lead to an issue with the bedroom above.

Might be something to check out during a survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't live there, but as with any other area, check it out before you buy.

At different times during the day, walk around the area, see if you like it or not, and a night park a car up for an hour or two, and just see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Does the house have a garage?

I believe that some of the houses with a garage tended to have some cracks above the garage which could lead to an issue with the bedroom above.

Might be something to check out during a survey.

Yeah it has a garage thats converted. Will have a look at that when we have the second viewing tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 boatsandhoes

Lived in Belgard most of my life. Area is quiet, never any trouble at all really. Belgard pub isnt great but also not the worst. Luas, Aldi and a few shops right on your doorstep

Advertisement