Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in Spain - Best option for data?

Options
  • 07-06-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling to Span for 2 weeks at the end of July, and I'm currently with 3. However, their data plans are pretty crappy for Spain (I think it's like 5-6c per MB, which is crazy).

I've had a quick look around, and I see Meteor do 1gb of EU data for 15e. This seems like it may cover me, at least if I watch it, and don't stream music/videos.

Are there any other better options that people have used? I can always get a local sim card if that's an option too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm travelling to Span for 2 weeks at the end of July, and I'm currently with 3. However, their data plans are pretty crappy for Spain (I think it's like 5-6c per MB, which is crazy).

I've had a quick look around, and I see Meteor do 1gb of EU data for 15e. This seems like it may cover me, at least if I watch it, and don't stream music/videos.

Are there any other better options that people have used? I can always get a local sim card if that's an option too.

Meteor & Eir both offer 1GB data with free roaming throughout Europe on billpay. If you go SIM-only, the contract term is only 30 days - not much of a commitment vs prepay. The EUR15 add-on is only necessary if you go prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cheers, but I'm already with 3 Bill. I'm not taking out another sim only for the sake of 14 days. Prepay is the only option in this regard.

I'm not necessarily going to go for the cheapest option either. It's gotta be convenient too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Pick up an unlocked 3G modem on adverts then grab an Orange sim in Spain. €9 per GB.

http://m.orange.es/en/personal/mobile-service-plans/pay-as-you-go-plans/ballena/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mr.S wrote: »
    a 3UK prepay sim card can be topped up by £20 and you get 15GB of data (and call time) in a ton of countries, including Spain.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

It's what I use for traveling just because it can because it can be used in so many countries.

A local prepay sim would probably the best easiest / cheapest!

Thanks for that. Is there any easy way of getting one over here?

Advertisement