Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planing to move in Wexford,need some advice

Options
  • 07-06-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,im planing to move in Wexford next month and i need some advice,i m looking for a nice and safe location ,can anyone recommend me a village near to the sea where i can rent?not to expensive... i need to have School`s ,shops and bus station near becouse im not drive...
    Thank you in advance.
    Gabriela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Rosslare Harbour would have a decent bus service to service the ferries . There's a Supervalue,Post office and a Pharmacy,no idea about rent or schools, primary maybe.

kneemos wrote: »
    Rosslare Harbour would have a decent bus service to service the ferries . There's a Supervalue,Post office and a Pharmacy,no idea about rent or schools, primary maybe.

Killrane has a national school apparently,a stones throw up the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

This is going to be a very subjective thread, depending on a poster's personal situation. However, I'm sure many outsiders would consider Rosslare Harbour one of the most depressing run down villages in Wexford

This is going to be a very subjective thread, depending on a poster's personal situation. However, I'm sure many outsiders would consider Rosslare Harbour one of the most depressing run down villages in Wexford

Haven't a clue.Only know it from going to the ferry.
    A village with a bus service is quite an ask in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnettKarina

I m a single mum and for me and my kids will be a new start,i want to find a nice place for them,school ,playgrounds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Duncannon has everything you're looking for but I don't see any places for rent there right now. Fethard-on-sea is another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Villages by the sea with bus service to town.....

That's a tough one. Kilrane (Rosslare Harbour) springs to mind immediately, but don't think I'd like to live there.

If you're talking villages that are easily accessible by bus from Wexford Town, then Oylegate or Ballinaboola maybe, but these aren't close to a the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnettKarina

thank you very much for all reply`s, i sow Gorey looks nice place to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

thank you very much for all reply`s, i sow Gorey looks nice place to

Gorey is not near the sea (about 6km), expect to pay €800-€900+ p.m.
    for any reasonable location in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

Kilmuckridge is near enough to sea..morriscastle beach. Has primary and secondary schools, not sure how often bus to Gorey goes daily. There are 2 small Centra type supermarkets in Kilmuckridge and petrol station. Rent might be near to your budget based on a yearly lease, as holiday let's in high season summer would be a lot dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

secman wrote: »
    Kilmuckridge is near enough to sea..morriscastle beach. Has primary and secondary schools, not sure how often bus to Gorey goes daily. There are 2 small Centra type supermarkets in Kilmuckridge and petrol station. Rent might be near to your budget based on a yearly lease, as holiday let's in high season summer would be a lot dearer.

Kilmuckridge is not close to the sea for someone who doesn't drive, probably 2.5 -3km and the bus service is twice weekly from Bus Eireann to Gorey. I think Michael Gray might run a bus to Wexford in the summer months.
    If OP is seriously considering moving to rural Wexford, she really needs to learn to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Just my personal opinion but would suggest either Rosslare Harbour or Rosslare Strand.

Last year there was a thread discussing places in the county and I posted the following information – hope it might be of some guidance:

Have always found Rosslare Harbour to be an okay area with a good community spirit. It is fairly self sufficient – bank, post office, supermarket etc… Fairly limited bus service but has a direct rail service to Dublin (as does Rosslare Strand also) . There’s an integrated ferry and rail timetable from Rosslare through to London Paddington via Fishguard and Cardiff - one can bag one of the bargain all-in SailRail fares from Rosslare to London (or any city or town that has a station for that matter), hop on the ferry to Fishguard at breakfast time and, for example, be strolling the shops or museums in Cardiff mid afternoon. Also the possibility of a short break to France. Sli Charman coastal walk from the Harbour to Carne or beyond.

Rosslare Strand website. It has shops, school etc... plus rail service into Wexford and onto Dublin. There's also a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Hi,im planing to move in Wexford next month and i need some advice,i m looking for a nice and safe location ,can anyone recommend me a village near to the sea where i can rent?not to expensive... i need to have School`s ,shops and bus station near becouse im not drive...
    Thank you in advance.
    Gabriela

Curracloe has the nicest beach in the county, if not Ireland. There's also a shop, hotel, primary school out there too. It's no length from Wexford town.
    The only thing I'm not sure of is a bus stop. I don't think there's one, but maybe someone on here might no different.

I wouldn't recommend Duncannon at all, It's nice during the summer but very bleak the rest of the year. It's also a good spin to the nearest town of New Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Conas wrote: »
    Curracloe has the nicest beach in the county, if not Ireland. There's also a shop, hotel, primary school out there too. It's no length from Wexford town.
    The only thing I'm not sure of is a bus stop. I don't think there's one, but maybe someone on here might no different.

I wouldn't recommend Duncannon at all, It's nice during the summer but very bleak the rest of the year. It's also a good spin to the nearest town of New Ross.

Everything you just described about Curracloe, Duncannon has too and vice versa re: the bleakness.

Except, Duncannon has a regular bus service a couple of times a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Just to repeat a previous poster. Wherever you decide to live, you will really need to learn to drive. You'll be isolated without that in any of the villages

Advertisement