Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage with Haven or Aib???

• 07-06-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Just go approval for self build mortgage with haven through broker. He tells me that the Aib rate reduction will be passed onto haven customers but I can't see any confirmation of that anywhere online and when u called their customer service earlier they said that they weren't aware of whether it will be passed on or not.
    Know Haven are preferred by broker to do business with but should i insist on him requesting approval from Aib. Are Aib stricter or would they both have same criteria for approval. The only downside of Aib would be that they don't offer the interest only option which Haven for self builds for first 12 months but I don't know if that would outweigh the difference in interest rates.

Would appreciate thoughts of people who would know lot more than I do on such matters

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Haven will pass on the 0.25% rate reduction in line with AIB but EBS will only give their customers a 0.15% rate reduction, even though AIB and EBS merged a couple of years ago.
    The underwriters from AIB,Haven and EBS are all in the same building on the same floor in AIB in Ballsbridge so it would make no difference to now apply to AIB, your broker can't as all broker applications must go through Haven, AIB approval can only come from a branch and if they are not going to give you the interest only in the first year, then Haven look like the best option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ELBAOS

I was offered interest only for first yr with Aib so maybe check again will they give it

Advertisement