Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Analytics / Events Question

• 07-06-2016 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

I would like to track someone who visits a certain page or certain section of a website, and then requests a call back. So a form would pop up where you fill in some details, and click request call back.

I set up a tag in GTM. But should I be setting up a trigger instead?

I also set up a Goal, but I don’t think it’s set up correctly. (in the middle of checking this)

I am guessing I need to add an event to GA as well, but I think GTM is taking care of this?

So, people would be on a certain URL

URL:
    UA String:
    Category:
    Action : click
    Label:
    Value:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

So you want to track all visitors who complete the "call back request thank you page" who also visited page X.

Would it be sufficient to embed a call back request form in page X?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Would it no be sufficient, as the op says, to have the goal as the form?

I would use the popup as the goal/event. If it was something you really needed to do to have the visit page and the popup you could have the form on a particular section/page appended with a particular title so you could specifically say that those forms came from that page/section.

Or you could append the popup link on those pages with a event tracker with a onclick="ga('send', 'event', 'link', 'particular page', 'contact form') - or like that.

You can segment people who have visited a page/section and then see if the event was triggered.

You can then get the difference between the trigger and 'submit' as well.

Just on that - you can test events/goals live (rather than waiting for G to add it to the main section): go through the process of an event trigger or goal action, then in 'real time' in your analitics theses should appear in a matter of seconds - if they are working correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sorry for not replying and thanking you! But I will once I go over what I've done! :/

Advertisement