If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TX nr515 no sound

Options
  • 07-06-2016 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I bought this amp from you and it has developed a serious issue. There is a loud crackling coming through the speakers and I lose audio all the time. I have to keep unplugging the unit, it's getting to be unusable.
    Please advise, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Hi , I am sorry I couldnt remember the account used to talk to you , but this is it.
    This is a link to the original thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056962958

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi pablo, thanks for the post, and sorry to hear you're having issues with the amp

Could you PM us your name and contact details so I can track you in our system?

Onkyo have a customer repair program in place for some known faults, which you can enter your serial number here to check if yours is an affected model.From this gthey normally arrange collection, or give you some options for repair/exchange etc depending on model/fault.

Alternatively, if not, we would need the amp returned to us in Belfast to arrange repair for you

Let me know how you get on with Onkyo repairs
    Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Ok, Ive contacted Onkyo on their website and they have acknowledged there is a problem with this unit and they are doing a trade in deal with everyone that has purchased it.
    The problem is when I select the options for the trade in deal I have to be resident in the UK.
    I am wondering if you could act as an intermediary? If i sent the unit to yourselves?
    They are offering the txnr646 for 249euro if i trade in my 515.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Ok, Ive contacted Onkyo on their website and they have acknowledged there is a problem with this unit and they are doing a trade in deal with everyone that has purchased it.
    The problem is when I select the options for the trade in deal I have to be resident in the UK.
    I am wondering if you could act as an intermediary? If i sent the unit to yourselves?
    They are offering the txnr646 for 249euro if i trade in my 515.
    Hi Paul, sorry the link i gave may have been directly into the UK section. 
    If you go to this page https://repair.onkyousa.com/eu/ you chose your country and then should let you complete. I did get your contact details etc by PM, but if you gi through this Onkyo arrange collection etc directly from you so saves you time and shipping costs etc

Regards
    Brian

I had the same problem with mine
    Sent it off and they fixed it and all is good now but it took AGES.

Mod Snipped

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I had the same problem with mine
    Sent it off and they fixed it and all is good now but it took AGES.

Mod Snipped

Hey Brownfinger.

Thanks for the info.

Sometime repairs can take a while depending on the parts and if they need to be ordered or are in stock.

Glad that you are now up and running again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@BrownFinger

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, queries here are for Richersounds to deal with, offering opinions etc are not appropriate here, I've snipped your post accordingly. Experiences with AV gear, opinion, discussion etc are very welcome in the Boards Home Entertainment forums.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

@BrownFinger

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, queries here are for Richersounds to deal with, offering opinions etc are not appropriate here, I've snipped your post accordingly. Experiences with AV gear, opinion, discussion etc are very welcome in the Boards Home Entertainment forums.

Ritz.
    Cheers The Ritz :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.