Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Guild / Saint Patricks Guild Records

Options
  • 07-06-2016 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi All,
    This might be of use to someone.

"As of Wednesday, 25 May 2016 the adoption records of St. Patrick’s Guild Adoption Society have been transferred to Tusla – Child and Family Agency. The records transferred include details of adoption and fostering arrangements of children from 1910 onwards.

Tusla received in excess of 13,000 records from St. Patrick’s Guild. Currently, a dedicated team are reviewing and cataloguing the files so that Tusla will be able to provide an information and tracing service for anyone whose information was held by St. Patrick’s Guild.

Tusla will be contacting everyone who has submitted an information and tracing request in respect of the adoption records of St. Patrick’s Guild with a response to their request in the coming months and Tusla are conscious that people are anxious to have access to this information and tracing service. "

http://www.tusla.ie/services/alternative-care/adoption-services/tracing-service/where-are-records-held

Best regards,
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I just rang the mobile number provided to be told by a recorded message that the helpline is open from 10am till 1pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and to please call again between the hours of the helpline.:confused::confused::confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7 burmur

Hermy wrote: »
    I just rang the mobile number provided to be told by a recorded message that the helpline is open from 10am till 1pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and to please call again between the hours of the helpline.:confused::confused::confused:

Would you share that phone number with me please

Hi burmur,

I can't find that mobile number but you could try the land line number from the above link - 076-6957265.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi,
    Tusla are running a special phoneline just for St Patricks Guild information.
    locall 1890 100054 or from outside ireland 00353 766957265.
    hope that helps

If you've got free calls to all Irish landlines than I'd use the 'outside Ireland' number rather than the 1890 number.
    Both numbers do the same thing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement