Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best-cheapest gaming capture

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Avermedia LGP lite is pretty cheap with a good bit of functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Avermedia LGP lite is pretty cheap with a good bit of functionality.

I previously bought AverMedia Extreme Live Gamer and it was horrible. It only recorded audio and not video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

The Avermedia ExtremeCAP U3 is pretty good. It promises 60fps 1080p preview and I use one of these to play PS4 games on my iMac. It basically goes like PS4/XBOX ONE/WII U- HDMI -> Avermedia - USB3 -> PC/IMAC.

Unfortunately it has no hdmi pass through so you will need to use a hdmi splitter if you want to view/record on more than 1 screen.

For doing 60fps recording at 1080p Avermedia recommend using 2 solid state drives in raid0 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Flaccus wrote: »
    The Avermedia ExtremeCAP U3 is pretty good. It promises 60fps 1080p preview and I use one of these to play PS4 games on my iMac. It basically goes like PS4/XBOX ONE/WII U- HDMI -> Avermedia - USB3 -> PC/IMAC.

Unfortunately it has no hdmi pass through so you will need to use a hdmi splitter if you want to view/record on more than 1 screen.

For doing 60fps recording at 1080p Avermedia recommend using 2 solid state drives in raid0 also.

Also my computer with the USB port 3.0 (for the AverMedia Extreme Live Gamer) is very slow. Is there any game capture that is suitable for USB port 2.0 on my much faster computer? (which I'm on right now typing this....)

Advertisement