Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"Summer" gloves

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

My gloves are classified as winter gloves but it never gets hot enough here for them to be uncomfortable.
    Wear them all year round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

Pugzilla wrote: »
    My gloves are classified as winter gloves but it never gets hot enough here for them to be uncomfortable.
    Wear them all year round.

I have winter gloves and they definitely get too hot for summer. I wouldn't say uncomfortable, but the amount of sweat is pretty unpleasant.

pillphil wrote: »
    I have winter gloves and they definitely get too hot for summer. I wouldn't say uncomfortable, but the amount of sweat is pretty unpleasant.

I have Held winter gloves, so they're not cheap gloves. Can't ever remember my hands getting sweaty with the summers we have.

People have different distributions of sweat glands. I would get no benefit from summer gloves as my hands barely sweat at all when hot.

I have Held winter gloves, so they're not cheap gloves. Can't ever remember my hands getting sweaty with the summers we have.

Mine are similar to the last ones Lumen posted, might be an older version of the same ones. Great for most weather, but you'd want something lighter for the kind of weather we've had recently.

• Advertisement

People have different distributions of sweat glands. I would get no benefit from summer gloves as my hands barely sweat at all when hot.

Fair point, I think my hands might be sweatier than most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if m feels too tight and L feels too big go for M and they'll break in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've a pair of these for summer -

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw-motorcycle-gloves-rallye-black-grey-red.html

I know I'll get abuse now for them - over-priced, etc. But, I really like them for summer. Not good in rain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Drop into Cotters, they've a great selection of all types/styles of glove and their prices easily match the best you'll find online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'd love a summer glove that had a rain wiper anyway. For those summer showers.

I splashed out on a pair of knox handroids a while back, and any time I get caught in a shower, all the fingers do is smudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Gloves on a bike in the summer...:rolleyes:

:P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Gloves on a bike in the summer...:rolleyes:

:P.

Seems a good idea til the lad doing your IBT shows you the 'degloving' presentation :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Alpinestars 365 are a great glove all year round, and I have a pair of Knox Handroids. TBH my hands never really sweat when moving on the bike but I do have gloves that are well vented for summer.

Once the gloves have a decent vent on knuckles you should be okay. I personally dont scrimp on pretection for the sake of cooler hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I have these: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-2-air-carbon-gloves

I definitely think it's something you need to try on, I'd never buy gloves online. Personally I like light ones, my winter ones in this weather would be a nightmare, even for long motorway spins.
    2 reasons I'd buy in a shop. One is size, with summer gloves there's less margin for error than winter to get a perfect fit. And also, for feel, some might look good in a photo, but when they arrive they're too heavy and warm.
    Problem with shops is the selection isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks all.

Tried a few in Cotters, glad as did as fit varied loads between different gloves of the same nominal size.

Settled on some Furygan TD21.

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/furygan_gloves_td21_black

They'll no doubt be ****e when it gets cold but more shopping opportunities is good, right?

Pinkie got a bit numb during IBT day 2 today but I put that down to my deathgrip. :pac:

Anyway, I haz IBT now so time to sort me out a bike....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For summer I use Aldi's finest :)

Advertisement