Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pike Inn, Mulgrave St. is no more

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We can't see the photo if we're not in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Here's the photo:

13415570_1574897242809800_7043748756582925055_o.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Anyone know what the plans for the site are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Anyone know what the plans for the site are?

The council bought it some years back and had been planning a community centre but apparently that fell through. I'm not sure what it's going to be now but I drove past it on Thursday and was delighted to see work begun. It's been a horrible blight on the street for a long, long time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The Railway Bar/Hotel opposite the station has closed its doors this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mentioned in the Limerick Business Closing thread yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

It had been standing derelict for so long its good to see it gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They're backfilling parts of it today with top soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Berty wrote: »

Ill see if i can fix that :)

bazz26 wrote: »
    Mentioned in the Limerick Business Closing thread yesterday.

can you send me the link please

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the big loss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Surprised no one has mentioned that this was Brannigan's before it closed. The owners son was Roy Collins who was murdered by thugs. It all started here.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/1m-price-of-new-life-for-collins-family-who-fled-limerick-26856047.html

What's sad is this was a business ran by a family that were driven out of Limerick for standing up to scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Surprised no one has mentioned that this was Brannigan's before it closed. The owners son was Roy Collins who was murdered by thugs. It all started here.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/1m-price-of-new-life-for-collins-family-who-fled-limerick-26856047.html

What's sad is this was a business ran by a family that were driven out of Limerick for standing up to scum.

He's back in Limerick or at least visits here quite often if he's still living abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Tbh, once he bought the Pike and turned it into Brannigans it became a total craphole. The Pike was a local club bar and function room but Brannigans attracted a completely different clientele and an awful lot of locals felt forced out of it. It was a loud, brash type of venue that wasn't suitable for a residential area. And aesthetically it was awful looking.

Collins is in Limerick a lot. It was him who accidentally ran over the old woman at the bank in Castletroy earlier this year. An awful tragedy, which I imagine affected him very badly.

I did :p

Advertisement