Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a place in HYBREASAL is safe?

Options
  • 07-06-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi lads,

I really need your help and expertise about the city. I will move soon to any place close to red luas and I saw some rooms in HYBREASAL, which technically is Kilmainham. It looks like a safe area (considering the rest of locations). I also read an old post in this forum saying it is safe, but I would like to know your opinion.

It is just 15min far from Drimnagh, and Rialto which are very bad areas in my opinion. My idea is something in North Circular Rd. Could it be dangerous come and go from luas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Burracoman wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I really need your help and expertise about the city. I will move soon to any place close to red luas and I saw some rooms in HYBREASAL, which technically is Kilmainham. It looks like a safe area (considering the rest of locations). I also read an old post in this forum saying it is safe, but I would like to know your opinion.

It is just 15min far from Drimnagh, and Rialto which are very bad areas in my opinion. My idea is something in North Circular Rd. Could it be dangerous come and go from luas?

Thanks in advance

I used to live very close. I've had a few issues in general Herberton area, but nothing major, and I would definitely move back in the area without second thoughts if things turned out that way.
    Nice spot. Ennis Butcher is fantastic, I like Bird Flanagan's and the Patriot. decent Spar, hairdresser, dry-cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Rialto isn't as bad as it used to be but still a few dodgy types around. In general, they are junkies and no-one will bother you. Perfectly safe during the day anyway.

The red line Luas is the most dodgy thing in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Rialto is not bad!!! Hybrasil is nice enough spot. Go for it, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I think the area is fine. My friend had no issues living there (single woman) and I never had any hassle when visiting. It is supposed to be haunted though if you believe in that sort of thing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hybreasel is lovely. Traffic can be a pain if you are driving. The junction with Suir road clogs up in the evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi lads,

Thanks in advance

It's a fine area.

If you're going to/from town the 123 bus passes directly outside along the South Circular Road and may be faster than the LUAS, while both the 13 and 40 buses operate along Old Kilmainham.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi lads,

Thanks in advance

What are you basing your opinion on? I recently moved to Drimnagh, and my boyfriend has lived there for years. It's a grand area. There's a lovely sense of community and all my dealings with people working in shops and businesses in the area have been very friendly, far more so than any other area I've lived. Have drank in a few pubs in Drimnagh and never seen any trouble. It's nearly all older people and young families in the area now, from what I can see. I know it had a bad reputation with the Crumlin/Drimnagh feuds but, apart from a shooting a couple of years ago, that all seems to have gone very quiet/died out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I really like Rialto, would like to buy a house in that area in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Ah here sweeping generalisation there! there is nothing wrong with Rialto or Drimnagh. You will always have idiots anywhere you live! Hybreasal is grand, traffic on the South Circular can be mental in the morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

carlaboi wrote: »
    Ah here sweeping generalisation there! there is nothing wrong with Rialto or Drimnagh. You will always have idiots anywhere you live! Hybreasal is grand, traffic on the South Circular can be mental in the morning though.

And the evening. An Garda Siochana refusing to enforce the Clearway outside Eurospar has the traffic backed up to inside the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Take it with both hands OP, given the rental market situation it's now a question of whether HYBREASAL wants you. Kilmainham is well gentrified and parts of rialto and drimnagh near by also. There are far too many positives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Live across the road from it... its a great area. Quiet (bar traffic), close to the luas and kilmainham cross has a few pubs/shops/eateries. Never had any hassle at all, even further down the road im rialto which is fine if still a bit shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Drimnagh has less crime than ranelagh, rathmines, portobello, harolds cross, kimmage, rathgar and rathfarnham.

But yeah. dodgy out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

also, the spelling of Hybreasal up in this thread. you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Without being mean to anybody, if somebody thinks living in an apartment complex like Hybreasal is dangerous because it's close to Drimnagh, they'd be better off moving to somewhere like the Aran Islands.

Precisely why these Is XYZ rough threads are completely subjective and therefore not of much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭mvt

Good fun though :D

Advertisement