Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Service

Options
  • 07-06-2016 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I tried to lodge a single cheque in your Kilkee (Co Clare) branch today.
    On arrival at branch I was no 3 in queue for the Single machine . A customer before me advised me that the person at the machine was already there between 7 and 10 mins . It was a further 10 mins before he finished. By this time the queue stretched out onto the street. Eventually 20 mins after arrival I was able to lodge my cheque.
    During this time the counter staff were just observing the queue.

I don't wish to blame the staff, after all, they are only carrying out their instructions, and bank policy.

I will however be ceasing to do any further businness with B O I as, I cannot afford the time involved AND, pay the bank for the privilage of standing in a queue.
    B O I are obviously not interested in customers visiting their branches.
    Please don't advise me to use internet banking ---How can I make lodgements.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

fernrock wrote: »
    On arrival at branch I was no 3 in queue for the Single machine . A customer before me advised me that the person at the machine was already there between 7 and 10 mins  . It was a further 10 mins before he finished. By this time the queue stretched out onto the street. Eventually 20 mins after arrival I was able to lodge my cheque.

I don't wish to blame the staff, after all, they are only carrying out their instructions, and bank policy.

I will however be ceasing to do any further businness with B O I as, I cannot afford the time involved AND, pay the bank for the privilage of standing in a queue.
    B O I  are obviously not interested in customers visiting their branches.
    Hi fernrock

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear of this recent experience in one of our Branches. We'll certainly pass this onto Management within Branch and also our Branch Network Team.

We are thankful for the time taken to raise this here with us and we do hope in time you will reconsider and continue to bank with us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

On arrival at branch I was no 3 in queue for the Single machine . A customer before me advised me that the person at the machine was already there between 7 and 10 mins  . It was a further 10 mins before he finished. By this time the queue stretched out onto the street. Eventually 20 mins after arrival I was able to lodge my cheque.

Hi fernrock

We're very sorry to hear of this recent experience in one of our Branches. We'll certainly pass this onto Management within Branch and also our Branch Network Team.

We are thankful for the time taken to raise this here with us and we do hope in time you will reconsider and continue to bank with us.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    As I pointed out  in my original post , I have no complaint with the staff within the branch concerned, they were only obeying B O I rules. My complaint is with B O I policy of curtailing counter service and, not providing a sufficient alternative method of customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi fernrock

Many Thanks
    Alison
    As I pointed out  in my original post , I have no complaint with the staff within the branch concerned, they were only obeying B O I rules. My complaint is with B O I policy of curtailing counter service and, not providing a sufficient alternative method of customer service.
    Hi fernrock

Thanks for coming back to us.

We totally understand your concerns are regarding the service facilities in Branch and your post is not directed to the Branch staff in anyway. 

We have highlighted your concerns with our Branch Network Team. With passing on feedback to Branch, they are aware your concerns are not directed to the staff. We've made a point of mentioning this to them. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm afraid to say hello to anyone working in my local branch in case I get charged a fee for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

I'm afraid to say hello to anyone working in my local branch in case I get charged a fee for it.
    im afraid in case im ate over not using the internet to do it
    one member even spoke strongly to me over not using internet to lodge cheque

• Advertisement
Advertisement