Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cocoa Brown products launch

Options
  • 08-06-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Twitter was rife today with the details of the new Cocoa Brown products that Marissa Carter is bringing to market -
    self tanning wipes,
    shampoo,
    conditioner and
    shower gel!

I'm a longtime CB fan - it's not the best tan I've ever used but great for an easy quick fix and probably my most repurchased so that says alot. I've tried every other product in the line but I'm honestly not even remotely interested in these new products and I'm almost disappointed in myself because of that!!

What thinks ye? I've used a spoiler tag just in case I ruin the surprise for anybody :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No interest, to be honest.
    Horror stories from years back and those tanning wipe things and I'm very fussy with my hair products. I'll pass on this

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I was very surprised with the shampoo & conditioner tbh. I suppose the shower gel too to a certain extent. I understand she's trying to make the company more all encompassing with the addition of these "different" products but I've a feeling they won't do too well.

As for the tanning wipes... I always saw them as a massive waste of time but if people are using them then why not use cocoa brown ones?

Good luck to the girl though. I saw on her snapchat that CB is launching in topshop UK soon, which is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I understand the shower gel, but the other stuff doesn't seem to fit in at all with the brand. I'd much prefer if she brought out more travel friendly items - trying to pack tan in carry on I'd almost impossible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm not mad on the packaging for the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I know it's in keeping with the rest of the brand's products but it just looks a bit cheap to me. Also the containers look the very same except for the words, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel on them - you wouldn't want to be in a rush in the morning and reach for the wrong one! Might have an interest in the shower gel if it smells nice but I'm happy with the brands of shampoo and conditioner I currently use so I'll pass on hers for the moment.

Not sure how the tan wipes will take off. I remember tan wipes from my teens, they smelt awful, left orange hands and orange and white patches on my body. Be interesting to see if she has cracked this one.

I think the general consensus on social media was a bit of surprise and a little disappointment. But she's a great business woman and I'm sure there's plenty more to come from her!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Fair play to her for expanding the brand. I was half expecting her to announce a contour palette so the hair products and shower gel were surprising.
    I have no interest in tanning wipes but I'm sure there's a market for them.
    I think the shampoo is paraben free but not sulphate free? If it's sulphate free I'll definitely try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Did I hear her right when she said that the shampoo/conditioner/showergel will smell the same as the original cooca brown?

SB_Part2 wrote:
    Did I hear her right when she said that the shampoo/conditioner/showergel will smell the same as the original cooca brown?

Yep the Tahiti flower or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

They are her own shampoo and conditioner that she uses on her own hair. She talked about it on snapchat last summer and said maybe one day she'd release them as products so I was expecting thats would they'd be.

Tanning wipes definitely no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I know she has a lot of trouble with her own scalp with psoriasis and that so I'd expect them to be fairly good for that sort of thing!

I'm a bit bemused by the wipes though I have to say, like everyone else it just reminds me of teenage discos looking like id been tangoed (in patches, anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's weird that she's kind of marketing the tan wipes as a travel product. I'd say most people would prefer a smaller size bottle of tan rather than wipes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gillouise

She's also just said on snapchat they're releasing a limited edition Rose Gold Golden Goddess oil, which could be worth a try, especially as the current one for me is too yellowy on my skin.

Has anyone read any reviews for the new cocoa brown products? Loads of bloggers got free goodies but I've not seen any reviews yet. Only reviews I've seen are by company employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I'd be interested in trying out the Shampoo & conditioner in the travel sizes just to see.
    I'm particular about my shampoo as well and will only use the kerastase, but in the last 6 months or so my scalp has gotten really bad so I'll check this out I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Funny you say that Cloud. I could only use the kerastase mask as it didn't touch my scalp. The shampoo drove my scalp insane.
    Saw the beautiful truth did a review on these products yesterday. I'll see how she got on and then maybe just try them out

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Funny you say that Cloud. I could only use the kerastase mask as it didn't touch my scalp. The shampoo drove my scalp insane.
    Saw the beautiful truth did a review on these products yesterday. I'll see how she got on and then maybe just try them out

Really? I don't follow her so must have a look. God that's interesting the Kerastate affected you too! I've been using it about 7 tears and only in the last while my head started getting these lumpy bits on it, ugh. I put it down to going back to college stress but maybe not.
    I like Marissa anyway so hopefully this new range does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I really, really dislike that scent in Cocoa Brown- which is a pity because I think the shampoo and conditioner look promising. I've very dry scalp like Marissa and would be interested in trying them out but the smell puts me off. The tan doesn't really work on me at all, most of it just washes off once I shower. Takes the totally white look off, but never goes the golden colour lots of other people get. I've never tried the Lovely Legs so that's on my shopping list to try out.

Overall I think the Cocoa Brown products are a great price- the new products in particular seem really budget friendly. But personally it wouldn't be my go-to tan, just obviously isn't compatible with my skin. Great to see an Irish company do so well though, hope it leads on to many more great things for Marissa and her team.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

anyone see these new products on sale, besides online?

[QUOTE The tan doesn't really work on me at all, most of it just washes off once I shower. Takes the totally white look off, but never goes the golden colour lots of other people get. I've never tried the Lovely Legs so that's on my shopping list to try out.

[/QUOTE]

Did you try the dark tan? I find if I use that one leave it on for 3-4 hours and use a lot of it when applying I get a good colour. In the past like you I found that tans simply didn't work on me- Xen Tan and Fake bake being two so am delighted with this one

jadie wrote:
    anyone see these new products on sale, besides online?

I've seen the wipes and shampoos in that travel set thing in my local pharmacy. Haven't spotted any of the new products in my local Penneys! But penneys are doing their own brand back tanner for e7.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I really like cocoa brown but never ever have I gotten a colour after an hour. Anything less than 12 hours and it just all washes off on the shower.
    And the day to night one barely left a colour at all. I know the lovely legs has been reformulated but the first I had was literally green.
    Havent tried the golden goddess yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

ameliams wrote: »
    I really like cocoa brown but never ever have I gotten a colour after an hour. Anything less than 12 hours and it just all washes off on the shower.
    And the day to night one barely left a colour at all. I know the lovely legs has been reformulated but the first I had was literally green.
    Havent tried the golden goddess yet.

I can't wait to try the rose gold one - I'm holding out for that to be released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

jadie wrote: »

Did you try the dark tan? I find if I use that one leave it on for 3-4 hours and use a lot of it when applying I get a good colour. In the past like you I found that tans simply didn't work on me- Xen Tan and Fake bake being two so am delighted with this one

Yeah, left it on overnight and when I showered in the morning it almost all came off. Tried it a few times. Tried the Day and Night one and the normal one. All the same. And I am SNOW white. As in the person that gets pointed out abroad as being the palest Irish person in the group :D As I said, I'm not a fan of the smell anyway so doesn't really bother me too much.

Haven't seen the shampoo & conditioner in shops yet, think I saw the wipes in Penneys.

I see Penneys have brought out their own version of the Golden Goddess oil (although the bottle is shaped more like the Nuxe one so maybe more a version of that)- not sure when that hits the shops. Only €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hate her products. One hour tan washed off after leaving it on 5+hrs but was left with a whiff of it anytime id move. The lovely legs was mahogany orange on me, it was actually shocking how bad that applied on me, and the oil is too yellow based for me it looks awful and it transferred onto my clothes. Much prefer the Nuxe one and it doesn't rub off on clothes. I much prefer a tan that I can apply for the day and then wash off that night anyway, I'm not a fan of having to scrub it off for weeks.

Did anyone try the Cocoa Brown tanning wipes yet? Or read a review or blog post of someone who has used them? I bought the travel set online and wanted to see a review of someone who has actually physically used the wipes before I put them to my own skin. I still have memories of using tanning wipes in my teens and all the patchiness that they involved!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Did anyone try the Cocoa Brown tanning wipes yet? Or read a review or blog post of someone who has used them? I bought the travel set online and wanted to see a review of someone who has actually physically used the wipes before I put them to my own skin. I still have memories of using tanning wipes in my teens and all the patchiness that they involved!

I used them!! was also looking for a proper review beforehand.Bought them in a pharmacy for €3.50. The first time I used them was left a bit orange looking as didn't have a shower till the day after I applied and was also left with a few white patches.
    I tried them again at the weekend and showered after 6 hours and the colour was much nicer and natural.
    This time I was careful to go over every bit of skin twice and try and do the circular motion, it's hard to do though without the wipe bunching up. I left it dry as well for a good 15 mins. Only one white patch on the side of my leg must have rubbed off something but I added a bit of the normal CB mousse to it afterwards.
    Overall I'd recommend, you'd get 5 full applications out of the pack which is great value.

I bought the travel pack recently with the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and wipes. Used hair products and shower gel over the weekend.

Wasn't mad on the shampoo, my hair felt very rough and dry after using it. Felt texturized but I certainly wouldn't have left my hair to dry like that, I wouldn't have been able to brush or comb it.

Then used the conditioner - oh my god it left my hair so soft afterwards, couldn't believe it, my hair felt miles better once this was applied to my head. I usually run a tangle teaser through my hair in the shower to get out knots while conditioner is in and it just glided through my hair!

Finally the shower gel - it was grand, it's pink coloured, pity the sudds weren't pink aswell.

One compliant about the products - the packaging is all the very same so you have to really look at what you are picking up in the shower incase you use the wrong product. Also I know a lot of people were on about the smell but the smell of the products remind me of her tanning products and I don't want to get the smell of fake tan when I am put in shampoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Has anyone seen the new rose gold shimmering body oil?
    I really want to try it out this weekend!!!!

Bought it at the weekend but haven't tried it yet. Any suggestions how to actually apply it: brush, sponge, fingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have only tried the wipes from the new range and find them brilliant, much batter than the mousse which made me look a bit orange. I wasn't expecting much but got them on offerin CARA pharmacy for about €2 as they had a 25% sale. I only used one for both my legs and one for both my arns and it just gave me enough colur for a natural glow and no streaks... love it!

Shame I don't like the the smell of CB as I won't try the other products. The wipes don't smell at all.

• Advertisement

So Cocoa Brown are announcing another product tomorrow - any ideas what it could be?

Advertisement