Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abandoned ghost car dealerships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

What the actual f***? This makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I swear I saw something similar as a kid in Italy - only it involved commercial vehicles; It was over 25 years ago but I seem to remember it was a Renault dealership, and a few unsold vans and even one or two lorries collected rust for years.

I also seem to remember that when the SAAB dealer in Cork (the one near the station) closed down, there were a couple of cars left there, albeit for only a matter of weeks. Can anyone corroborate or was it just a chance that somebody parked a couple of SAABs there for weeks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

The BMW's have clearly been maintained. They are waxed and there is air in the tyres. The white 635csi is gorgeous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Isn't there a car dealership abandoned near Famagusta in Cyprus since the Greek invasion in 1974? Renault iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Holy click bait Batman !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Isn't there a car dealership abandoned near Famagusta in Cyprus since the Greek invasion in 1974? Renault iirc.

It's a Toyota dealer. Close enough :)

http://barnfinds.com/abandoned-toyota-dealership-in-cyprus/

There's loads of mad stuff abandoned in Cyprus after the invasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    I also seem to remember that when the SAAB dealer in Cork (the one near the station) closed down, there were a couple of cars left there, albeit for only a matter of weeks. Can anyone corroborate or was it just a chance that somebody parked a couple of SAABs there for weeks? :D

That was true alright. And they were there for a lot more than a few weeks IIRC. Used to walk our dogs a good bit on the quays and then passed the Saab dealer. Always thought it was an odd place for a garage. I'm not completely sure on what was left inside when the place closed down. Nearly sure there was a black 9-5 saloon and maybe even a 9-3 convertible in that lime colour.

Always wondered too how they got cars in and out when they were placed on the lower mezzanine inside. Though I'm guessing there was a door to the street behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

BMW one done rounds for few years place is like a time capsule inside. All gardens outside are pristine. Think owner just decided to lock up one day and stop for some reason.

Have a look at this http://www.detroiturbex.com, some of the places like schools and hospitals etc etc that are just left unattended is mad. Wish my old school had the stuff/facilities that been abandoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

I remember reading about Citation Motors years ago, reports were that there was a caretaker employed. The workshop had a few cars in there as well iirc, fascinating story. I love the idea of abandoned buildings, like time stood still.

pajor wrote: »

Always wondered too how they got cars in and out when they were placed on the lower mezzanine inside. Though I'm guessing there was a door to the street behind.

Yup, doors to rear.

Used to be some interesting stuff in there, Mexican built beetles iirc at times.

Garage still there, drove past it today, jeep compass add still stuck to front. Think I read some where site has been acquired.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

chillin117 wrote: »

That website is one of those scummy clickbait sites that posts sensationalist articles. The fact they think Toronto is in the US says it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Was thinking about this again the other day (no job atm, lots of time on hands :P). The same happenend with the what was the Saab dealer in Waterford. I remember at least two 9-5 saloon sitting in the front windows for a very long time after it closed down.

Advertisement