Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dash cam & Insurance

• 08-06-2016 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Having recently been involved in very minor accident ( I backed my car into another parked car in a car park and 4 occupant's in it are now suggesting serious injury - despite no damage to my car) I was wondering if I had a dash cam would it have helped my case? Has any one had their insurance company use their footage to defend them? Also I was thinking if the footage showed that you were liable could the other party use your footage against you? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

Not strictly related, but almost all new ish cars contain data loggers which will record the severity of impacts.

This is really to protect the manufacturer so that they can then prove with actual data as to why an airbag didn't go off in a particular circumstance for example.

Worth reminding your insurance company and also the Garda of this if you suspect / know fraud us happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The dash cam will assist in proving who was right and who was wrong. It will have very little effect in contradicting some consultant with 20 letters after his name, who will testify that his client has physical & mental trauma following the incident and will never be the same again (without a few bob that is)

Advertisement