Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new ipad?

Options
  • 08-06-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Is anyone aware of any deals or bargains around for buying a new ipad?

Bit sceptical of the restored ones for sale on the apple website - does anyone have experience with these? Would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

I have purchased several refurbished iPad Air2 direct from Apple Ireland for our local NS

They are supplied in a new box, with new outer cases, so no marks or scratches, and they have the same one year guarantee as a new item.

Shaving off some €70 per unit it is a great way to make a bit of a saving!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Thanks Timfy, I am tempted alright especially since there is a year guarantee on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

cookie2015 wrote: »

Bit sceptical of the restored ones for sale on the apple website - does anyone have experience with these? Would you recommend?

Thanks

Adverts.ie > deal with sellers ONLY with solid feedback > save a good few € > job done.

Out of interest, are you looking for the pro or Air/Air2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

cookie2015 wrote: »

Thanks

The refurbs on the Apple website are as good as buying new imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

• Advertisement

As a follow up concerning other suppliers of refurbs, be vary wary!

Find out what state the unit was refurbished from. On looking around I found that a lot of refurb units are from devices with smashed screens and have been brought back to life with cheap, Chinese knock off parts. Batteries are also very rarely changed out for new as well.

Apple (obviously) only refurb with genuine parts and put a new battery into each unit.

Unlikely to find a one year warranty from and adverts.ie/donedeal.ie seller either!

(I have no connection with Apple Ireland)

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭horse7

Have a look at onda tablets. http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-2gb-64gb-gold.html There are various makes also.

Timfy wrote: »
    As a follow up concerning other suppliers of refurbs, be vary wary!

Find out what state the unit was refurbished from. On looking around I found that a lot of refurb units are from devices with smashed screens and have been brought back to life with cheap, Chinese knock off parts. Batteries are also very rarely changed out for new as well.

Apple (obviously) only refurb with genuine parts and put a new battery into each unit.

Unlikely to find a one year warranty from and adverts.ie/donedeal.ie seller either!

(I have no connection with Apple Ireland)

1 yr apple warranty is with Apple. No issues there. Just bang the serial number into here to check warranty status if you're in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

dodzy wrote: »
    1 yr apple warranty is with Apple. No issues there. Just bang the serial number into here to check warranty status if you're in doubt.

Unless you return it to Apple with non Apple parts fitted... your warranty is worthless then!!! (take it from someone who chanced their luck once!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Unless you return it to Apple with non Apple parts fitted... your warranty is worthless then!!! (take it from someone who chanced their luck once!)

But I take it you didnt buy it from Apple?

If you buy it from Apple as a refurb then it will have Apple parts.

I wouldnt expect Apples warranty to exist on something not bought from Apple.

Apologies if I have the completely wrong end of the stick.

No... you have the stick correctly grasped :-)

I'm trying to state that an Apple refurb is a safe bet with the warranty as good as gold.

Refurbs from retailers OTHER than Apple may sell with an Apple warranty in place, but if it has been repaired with cheaper, non Apple parts then the warranty will not be honoured

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

Thanks for all the replies! I might go with a refurb so from the apple website! Thank you :)

Duh:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

SarahS2013 wrote: »

Good deal,went for it,mines on the way,pressy for the small fella,and as I buy the paper anyway,weekly, really getting the I pad 2 mini for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Check Amazon, iPad Air 2 64gb, £370
    Approx €475 using revolut.

Advertisement