Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ Player on Plex Media Server

• 08-06-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

This a first cut no live streams supported, very limited testing has been done to it, mainly in the web gui, so any feedback and testing is very welcome.

https://github.com/zakalibit/RTEPlayer.bundle

There is no instructions on how to install it, so it is not very friendly for nontechnical users at the moment.

I'm trying to push it in to the official plex repository.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Deadly!

Installed it on my Plex media server (on my PC running Windows 7) and did a very quick test there and it works fine.
    Will test it from the apps later on to see.

Re: installing.
    Here's the official plex guide to installing a channel manually.
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201187656-How-do-I-manually-install-a-channel-
    Download the linked file. If the link leads to a GitHub page rather than a direct download, select the "Download Zip" button on the lower right-hand corner of the page to download the zipped bundle
    Usually, the channel bundle will be located within a zip archive. Unzip the archive as necessary.
    Bundles downloaded from GitHub will usually have extra identifiers appended to the bundle's filename, such as "-master". Edit the bundle's filename to remove any text after ".bundle"
    Copy or move the channel bundle into the Plug-Ins folder on the computer running Plex Media Server
    Restart Plex Media Server to make sure that the new channel will be loaded.

To find your Plug-Ins folder - Right Click on your plex icon in the system tray and click "Open Plug-Ins Folder"

Will do some more testing when I get time and let you know.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

I'll do an "official" release zipped bundle later, and will put together some instructions, I hope I can get it in to the plex repository, so none of this will be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Works perfect for me, gave you a star on Github :)

RTE Player is available in the plex Channel Directory.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

im getting: "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied" error if i try to play through the plex media server interface and "unable to play media, please the file exists and nessecary drive is mounted" if i try to play through the plex gome theater program in windows 10.

I installed it from the plex channel directory.

Edit: just tried it through plex on my roku and it's working fine!

• Advertisement

Thanks for reporting this, it stopped working for me as well in the web gui.
    The problem is that flash player requests the crossdomain.xml first and if it send a request from not a listed domain in the xml, it wont proceed even if it could. I'll try see if I can find a workaround for this issue.

Disable Direct Play in the settings, to get rid of "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Tried to install from plex channel directory yesterday but it was failing. Today I can't see it in the directory anymore?

RTE has sent a formal complaint, so it had to be taken down.
    So the only option is to install it manually from github.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Gob****es, reported by some begrudger here no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rte are pretty good at privacy

There's no possible way of ripping programmes off the player

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rte are pretty good at privacy

There's no possible way of ripping programmes off the player

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 funi1234

You still got the source code anywhere? I'd love to have a look.

Advertisement