Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Broadband/Phone outages

Options
  • 08-06-2016 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with Virgin Media Broadband & phone lines?
    Ours seems to disconnect every few evenings for a few hours.

Their usual checklist i.e. Turning the modem off & back on again isn't solving the issue, its taking the phone connection with it which is a real problem as the mobile phone signal in our house is quite poor & making calls on anything other than a landline is sporadic at best. Never had an issue for over 10 years whilst with UPC but since the buyout this is becoming far too regular.

Interested to see if its just us or is the problem more widespread through D.15
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you power your modem down or actually unplug it? I had similar issues a couple of weeks ago and a power cycle wouldn't resolve it, I had to disconnect it from the mains.

It seems to have settled down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do you power your modem down or actually unplug it? I had similar issues a couple of weeks ago and a power cycle wouldn't resolve it, I had to disconnect it from the mains.

It seems to have settled down again.

I physically unplugged it from the wall socket for a about 30 seconds & then plugged it back in again. That was at about 9pm yesterday, it still wasn't working at 11pm when I went to bed but was back working again this morning.
    This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened in the last couple of weeks & is becoming a bit of a nuisance.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I had the same issue and from reading on boards alot of people are having the same issue

Email Virgin media in the talk to section on here and send them the following

*I've been having some problems with online because of IPV6, could I have it reverted / changed back to IPV4 please?*

Send them your account number and theyll do it for you

It helped me out,its worth a try

Cheers

Check you're on IP6 first though, a quick Google will get you the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Check you're on IP6 first though, a quick Google will get you the result.

I think everybody was put on IP6 when Virgin took over

• Advertisement

Nah, they're rolling it out but not everyone has been switched, I haven't, yet.

Advertisement