Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Phrasing for Online Deposit?

Options
  • 08-06-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Currently doing a round table discussion for an online reservation system. For example, the total booking would be €100, but we would take an online 20% deposit of €20 by card, the rest payable when the customer arrives e.g.

Payable Now: €20
    Payable on Arrival: €80

Total: €100

The phrases 'Payable Now' and 'Payable on Arrival' seem to indicate its one or the other i.e. If you pay now its €20, or if you pay on arrival, its €80. Likewise, in the email confirmation, we need a clear breakdown. Critically, we only allow a deposit online, we never collect the full amount.

Am I reading too much into this? Or is there a better phrasing we could use? Likewise, any common examples?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I'm not involved in 'online' but in booking hotel rooms etc it is fairly standard to see terms as follows:

Booking deposit payable now €20 *
    Balance payable on arrival €80
    Special non-refundable online offer €90

*Non-refundable if not cancelled minimum 48 hours before date.

Advertisement