Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile payg deal

Options
  • 08-06-2016 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Vodafone called with an offer of any network & landline calls, texts plus some data for €20 per month. No contract. Just wondering if this is a decent deal considering I won't use data. Was checking 48 but the €10 to any network & landline calls seems to have disappeared. Any advice appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Lycamobile are doing a 30 day contract with 20gb data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and free roaming in some European countries for €15. They don't allow tethering though.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/

They also have a €9 tarrif which includes 300 mins, 300 texts and 1gb data which might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks SmartMartin. Can't find the €9 tarrif which includes 300 mins, 300 texts deal though.. by tarrif do you mean signing up to another bundle first (15+9= €24)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Meteor do unlimited calls for €10pm
    TescoMobile do unlimited calls for €15pm and keep the €15 credit
    Lyca do 450minutes & 450texts for €9pm http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle

Thanks snubbleste:) Do Meteor unlimited calls include any network + landlines for €10pm? It's not clear from their website. Appreciate your feedback!

Logo wrote: »
    Thanks snubbleste:) Do Meteor unlimited calls include any network + landlines for €10pm? It's not clear from their website. Appreciate your feedback!
    Seems to be any Irish calls https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/meteorsimplyunlimited/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vodafone called with an offer of any network & landline calls, texts plus some data for €20 per month. No contract. Just wondering if this is a decent deal considering I won't use data. Was checking 48 but the €10 to any network & landline calls seems to have disappeared. Any advice appreciated:)

Having a live chat here with someone from Vodafone who is denying the existence of this offer. :mad:

Appreciate the feedback snubbleste!

Same here OldNotWIse. Vodafone caller said that the offer wasn't on website and he couldn't send a text with the details either. Think it might be bye bye Vodafone, hello Meteor:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Same here OldNotWIse. Vodafone caller said that the offer wasn't on website and he couldn't send a text with the details either. Think it might be bye bye Vodafone, hello Meteor:)

He messaged me there and said for 20 a month I can get free calls to all networks and landlines plus texts but only 250mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I'm the same, about to change from meteor bill pay after bonus data offer ended.

So far I plan to get the 20 deal for unlimted texts and 15gb 4g data. Using the data to call people on facebook messenger or virgin media phone app

• Advertisement

Think Vodafone have given up on the €10pm 100 minutes deal to any network & landline offer. Personally not interested in data. So Meteor €10 deal seems like a no-brainer for me.

OP, do you only use your phone for calls?
    Do some more research before switching

Yeah. Only use phone for calls. Can't find better for any networks/ landlines deal than Meteor €10 deal (I use webtexts & don't use phone for data). Feedback appreciated snubbleste:)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

This is a good deal if you want to stay with VF. Im my opinion and experience the VF network gives superior coverage in the areas I need (especially Munster)- I was going to switch to IDMobile but friends have had bad problems with coverage.

There is a new offer In Stores only which give extra data (3 gb I think) for 25/month. Would be worth visiting a VF store to checkout.

JP

Advertisement