Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basal thermometer

Options
  • 08-06-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone.

Would anyone be able to tell me a good brand to go for? Boots tell me they don't stock them and to go to Amazon, but all the Amazon ones are brands I've never heard of! So I'm not sure which to buy. I do t care if it's cheap or expensive or anything, just want to get one that's reliable.

Thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got one from a rather amusingly named brand called Baby Mad, it's just a bog standard thermometer but a nice little feature it has is that when you turn it on, your last temp flashes up on the screen for a couple of seconds. So what I do is take my temperature very early in the morning, but if I want a lie in, I can just take my temperature while still half asleep and then later when I wake up I can check the thermometer to record it on my chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

All you need is a thermometer which reads to 2 decimal places, so will give you a reading like 37.23. Any thermometer which can be used in the mouth and reads to 2 decimal places will work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭umop-apisdn

i bought mine off ebay from an irish seller. It arrived the next day!
    I got mine as a package along with 50 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests, but you can buy them on their own too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/272173047939?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Advertisement