Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for Irish matches (the soccer in France)

Options
  • 08-06-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi there

Just looking for suggestions as to where to watch the Ireland matches for the European Championship?
    Many choices between the Dail,Sheridans,Mcginns,Buskers,Oslo,Pucan amongst others but looking for the pub with best screen/atmosphere etc!!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

European championships, but in what sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the one starting this week... Association Football/Soccer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

European championships, but in what sport?

http://www.wbtf.org/content/2016-wbtf-european-cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can't recommend Goalpost highly enough. If you don't get in to Pucan just say a big Hi to the regulars and enjoy 90 minutes of frolics and fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

The Goalpost has been closed for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any pub with a telly. Myself - Oslo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Oslo will be rocking for Ireland games

Lovely beers too

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marymary1984

Any pub really - probably trade off against screen size and probability of getting a seat. Small tv will get seat - big tv will get no seat.
    Would be great if they erected huge screens in city centre like front square at Tcd like other European cities 😄- would be so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Goalpost has been closed for months.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Has the goal post not reopened ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

skinny90 wrote: »
    Has the goal post not reopened ??

Premises has re-incarnated as the Lough Inn.

Inside nicely renovated. Lots of very fresh paint when they first opened. I can't remember if they have a TV or not - I just don't notice these things. (The question about "what sport" was 100% genuine, I really have no idea of what ball-games are in vogue in any given week, and no interest in any of 'em.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Premises has re-incarnated as the Lough Inn.

Inside nicely renovated. Lots of very fresh paint when they first opened. I can't remember if they have a TV or not - I just don't notice these things. (The question about "what sport" was 100% genuine, I really have no idea of what ball-games are in vogue in any given week, and no interest in any of 'em.)

is that not the central?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

is that not the central?

Yes that's the Central, Goalpost still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Would be great if they erected huge screens in city centre like front square at Tcd like other European cities 😄- would be so cool.

Yep. Eyre Square would be excellent for that. They already have areas cordoned off for the different groups of supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Anywhere anyone could recommend to watch the France match?

Preferably a place there'd be plenty of French people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you French?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Personally I think the Oslo is horrendous for matches. The low hanging lights obscure the view from many points, the screen/projector is a bit dodgy (plus it's the only one) but from a vibe POV it always seems a bit off. I'd head to somewhere in town, you can get the lay of the land and move easily between bars if one isn't suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

biko wrote: »
    Are you French?

Does that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Pucan will be rammed and rammed badly, i watch most prem matches there and its a fantastic place for sport, but i'm swaying towards maybe the Dail or upstairs in Buskers for these matches in Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Personally I think the Oslo is horrendous for matches. The low hanging lights obscure the view from many points, the screen/projector is a bit dodgy (plus it's the only one) but from a vibe POV it always seems a bit off. I'd head to somewhere in town, you can get the lay of the land and move easily between bars if one isn't suitable.

Agreed. It's crap for matches imo. Big projector but badly setup, poor quality picture, poor sound.

My first choice is always the Dew Drop in town. The one place where the TV's are setup properly in HD, good sound, great atmosphere...

• Advertisement
Advertisement