Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless debit card query

Options
  • 08-06-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi There, 
    My wife and I just received new Visa debit cards from yourselves since our existing ones are due to expire at the end of the month. The cards don't have the contactless feature on them. Is it possible to get Visa debit cards that have this feature?

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

brianeoc wrote: »
    Hi There, 
    My wife and I just received new Visa debit cards from yourselves since our existing ones are due to expire at the end of the month. The cards don't have the contactless feature on them. Is it possible to get Visa debit cards that have this feature?

Thanks
    Brian
    Hi brianeoc,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can call BOI Direct on 0818365365/0035314044000 & a representative with account access will be happy to assist you with this.  Your wife would also need to be available to speak with a representative to request to have her card reissued.

Thank you,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Hi There, 

Thanks
    Brian

This might actually make me consider switching to BoI - Ulster said that they weren't facilitating people who didn't want contactless.

Can a rep let me know if the BoI Credit Cards are also available as a non-contactless option ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi There, 

Thanks
    Brian

This might actually make me consider switching to BoI - Ulster said that they weren't facilitating people who didn't want contactless.

Can a rep let me know if the BoI Credit Cards are also available as a non-contactless option ?

Thanks

Hi Jack Killian,

All of our Credit cards are contactless cards; it is possible to get a Visa debit card without the contactless options.

See here for information on switching your account to Bank of Ireland.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Hi There, 

Thanks
    Brian

Thanks

Hi Jack Killian,

All of our Credit cards are contactless cards; it is possible to get a Visa debit card without the contactless options.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Thanks for the reply Tara.

It's a pity BoI doesn't offer what I need in terms of having both cards in the standard format.

I've no idea why banks didn't / don't offer contactless as a straightforward contactless opt-in - make it available to those who want it without impacting on those of us who were perfectly happy with the existing system.

I'll keep looking.

That probably sounds short, and if so my apologies - I do appreciate the prompt reply, and I'm just disappointed that the option I need isn't available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi There, 

Thanks
    Brian

Thanks

Hi Jack Killian,

Thanks,

Tara C
    Thanks for the reply Tara.

It's a pity BoI doesn't offer what I need in terms of having both cards in the standard format.

I've no idea why banks didn't / don't offer contactless as a straightforward contactless opt-in - make it available to those who want it without impacting on those of us who were perfectly happy with the existing system.

I'll keep looking.

That probably sounds short, and if so my apologies - I do appreciate the prompt reply, and I'm just disappointed that the option I need isn't available.
    Hi Jack Killian,

No need to apologise, we understand and thanks for coming to us here for help with your query.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement