Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got a 6s plus....

• 08-06-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭

...and for the life of me, I just cannot understand how yesterday it was huge and today it looks, well, just normal!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You will now find every other iPhone tiny. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I've gotten some funny looks from people over the size of it before, no way I could back to a smaller phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Out of interest folks, what is your chosen case/cover if any? I 'otterboxed' mine yesterday (commuter version). Great case but really adds to the bulk & weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tech 21

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't use any cover, they generally make the phone too bulky and most of them are fugly.

If I was getting one I'd probably just pick up one of the Apple leather ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

awec wrote: »
    Don't use any cover, they generally make the phone too bulky and most of them are fugly.

I could not take the risk. Drop it, and it's likely game over. The 6s was like a bar of soap out of a case, the 6 plus is well....a bigger bar of soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

dodzy wrote: »
    I could not take the risk. Drop it, and it's likely game over. The 6s was like a bar of soap out of a case, the 6 plus is well....a bigger bar of soap.

Get bigger hands!

Apple has Samsung making them as we speak - they're an add on for the watch add-on that compensates for the fact that your phone that you bought for the big screen is now too big to hold in your hand, so that you can put it in your pocket and can look at the small watch screen and and don't need to hol....... oh, hang on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I carried a 6 and a 5 until recently when I smashed the 5 and got a 6s plus. Now the 6 really feels small despite being larger than any phone I've had for 6-7 years. Funny humans.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

shanec1928 wrote: »
    tech 21

I bought one of these last year in Florida, what a waste of cash, the frame cracked in 3 places within a matter of weeks, and i never once dropped the phone.

I'm using the OG Apple brown leather case at the minute, that has turned jetblack due to my clammy hands! :D

Welcome to the club OP, i'll never go back to a smaller phone, wouldn't be able, i had to reply to a text last week for my sister on her 6, and my thumbs were all over the place, could barely hit the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm using the OG Apple brown leather case at the minute, that has turned jetblack due to my clammy hands! :D
    I had a red leather apple case and it's the same. They're just bad quality.

What I have now; https://www.dogandbonecases.com/products/iphone-6-plus/wetsuit-impact-waterproof-rugged/wetsuit-impact-iphone-6s6-plus-waterproof-rugged-case/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »

There are loads of covers that fit just as well on Ebay for a fiver that look good and do as good a job as Apple's rip off ones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I had something similar with my leather cases on the 5s, didn't bother me that much really, it eventually merges in to one color anyway so it's no big deal.

I wouldn't say they are bad quality, it's just the nature of the beast with leather, it absorbs oils and discolors.

eeloe wrote: »
    I bought one of these last year in Florida, what a waste of cash, the frame cracked in 3 places within a matter of weeks, and i never once dropped the
    Have had mine on my 6s well over a year now an now issues and also on a 5s a lot longer with no hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Have had mine on my 6s well over a year now an now issues and also on a 5s a lot longer with no hassle

Is that a typo? 6s is less than 9 months old.

guil wrote: »
    Is that a typo? 6s is less than 9 months old.

Yup should be 6 plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Yes, I have a 6plus over a year now, and it seemed huge for the first week or so, and I wondered if I had done the right thing (came to it from a 5s). Now the wife's 6s looks tiny...

Covers - the wife's Apple leather one is a bit slippy (has discoloured as mentioned above, but she likes it - looks worn-in, rather than worn out), I found it too slippy for my taste, so I have a black Apple rubber one - much grippier, and no colour change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

dodzy wrote: »
    Out of interest folks, what is your chosen case/cover if any? I 'otterboxed' mine yesterday (commuter version). Great case but really adds to the bulk & weight.

You won't regret it, saved my phone many a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Put a catalyst case on my 6s plus as its waterproof

Advertisement