Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I wasting my time with this

Options
  • 08-06-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Last Friday I got my car washed and waxed in a well known car wash and valet in Galway before I went off on a trip. Afterwards as I was parking up just before the trip I noticed a few scratches on the back bumper just as it goes underneath, they looked fresh as I bought the car recently and it was in immaculate condition so I know it didn't have it then. Anyways I'm just back from my trip and I now have noticed that the plastic mudguard which looks to be connected to the back bumper is coming off on one side. Needless to say I'm not happy. I'm fairly certain there may have been a tip as the guys had my car for two hours and I've seen them park people's cars before. It's quick with little regards as their main focus is getting to the next job.
    However giving the situation I'm in I'm wondering if anyone would have any advice on what to do next. Is it one of those things il just have to suck up we I've no concrete evidence to suggest the place did the damage.
    Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

OP,

I feel your frustration but you really should of walked around car before/after you left place. Going back after a few days just wont cut it to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP, you mention a trip, are you saying you parked the car up in an airport or something and went away for a time?
    How much time has passed since the car was washed until when you noticed the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Op answer ti question is yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi,
    I noticed the scratches (which did look fresh)after I parked at the apartment to get ready for the trip, went on the trip. I did park in a car park separately for the duration. I only noticed the mudflap recently however it is bolted to the hard plastic bottom using what looks to be plastic bolts.
    Car was washed Friday, noticed scratches right away but I had to leave. I wasn't too bother about them as they are on the underneath of that makes sense. I'm annoyed wth the mudflap as its very loose, looks like it's gonna come off

Advertisement