Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Port tunnel average speed cameras

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was driving in Scotland last week and average speed cameras were on a lot of the main roads up to the western Highlands from Edinburgh. Good idea really for dangerous roads.

I've only used the Tunnel once on a bike but I'd always watch the speed in tunnels, if there is a crash there's a good chance of a pile up and those things don't work out well for bikers caught in the middle of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Indo wrote:
    Automatic fines of €80 plus three penalty points will be applied if motorists are found to be taking less than 3.30 minutes to travel through the 4.5km tunnel.

Handlebar mounted egg-timer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I've only used the Tunnel once on a bike but I'd always watch the speed in tunnels, if there is a crash there's a good chance of a pile up and those things don't work out well for bikers caught in the middle of it

Same here, one place I simply don't act the bollox in is the Port Tunnel, not a fooking chance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lets hope they don't start putting them all over the place. Bloody annoying.

I knew a guy in the UK who had an R1 - he had his numberplate on a mechanical hinge and a button on the handlebars to raise and lower it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Zascar wrote: »
    Lets hope they don't start putting them all over the place. Bloody annoying.

I knew a guy in the UK who had an R1 - he had his numberplate on a mechanical hinge and a button on the handlebars to raise and lower it lol

Was that the same guy that got 2 years for perverting the course of justice? Just for having a flip plate. Think it was in Yorkshire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Lumen wrote: »
    Handlebar mounted egg-timer?

what are you doing in here lumen??

Advertisement